Kerrin MacPhie takes the helm of ICCA Chapter
- Category: Appointments
- Created on Monday, 22 October 2012 16:25
The ACC Liverpool director of sales, who has been a board member of the UK & Ireland Chapter for four years, officially took up the chair position yesterday (SUN) at a gathering of the UK & Ireland Chapter meeting at the ICCA Congress in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
MacPhie replaces James Rees who has moved into the role of co-chair of ICCA’s Venue Sector for the wider ICCA organisation.
She said: “I intend to help promote ICCA as an influential organisation that can really help to shape business for venues, cities and countries by working together to share best practice, new ideas from around the world and insider knowledge on events.
“Becoming chair will allow me to raise awareness of the benefits ICCA can have and to help continue to grow its membership as it has done over the past few years, despite a tough economic climate. It’s a privilege to build on the good work James Rees has already delivered.”
The ICCA rankings have become a key measurement for destination and city marketing across the UK and Ireland.
Rees, who held the position for four years, added: “I'm absolutely delighted that Kerrin has taken on this role. It has been an honour for me to serve as chair but I know that with her experience and drive our Chapter will be in safe hands and will continue to grow and provide measurable ROI for our members.”
More appointment news
- New General Manager appointed at The Westbury, Dublin
- PrivateFly expands its french operation
- Grass Roots appoints Richard Bandell as Group CEO
- Grovefield House Hotel shows commitment to Conferences and Events
- Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa introduces Resident Marine Biologist & Earth Check Coordinator, Ciara McCarten