- Show previews
- Media info
Holiday Inn celebrate its 60th anniversary by hiding diamonds under guests' pillows
- Category: Hotel
- Created on Tuesday, 18 September 2012 10:17
The Holiday Inn hotel rooms chosen for the diamond drop will be selected at random and consumers can follow www.facebook.com/holidayinn for clues and hints about where the precious stones might be located. Guests can book a room at Holiday Inn at www.holidayinn.com for the chance to win a jewel.
Mike Greenup, vice president marketing Europe, IHG, said “Since opening our first hotel in Memphis in 1952 we’re incredibly proud to have provided 60 years of great service around the world. Hiding diamonds in Holiday Inn hotels is an innovative way to celebrate our anniversary and give something back to our guests. It will be a big surprise for one lucky person in the UK when they check into their bedroom and find the rock sitting under their pillow!”
From the first Holiday Inn hotel in Memphis Tennessee, the brand founded by Kemmons Wilson in 1952, has grown to 3,375 hotels globally across its family of brands, which includes Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Resorts and Holiday Inn Club Vacations.
As well as being one of the most recognised brands in the world, Holiday Inn has a rich history of ‘firsts’ for being innovative and improving guest experiences. When launched, it was the first hotel to introduce many things we take for granted today like TVs, in–room telephones, air conditioning, free parking and a full service restaurant at affordable prices. Using insight and guest feedback Holiday Inn has continued to evolve. It was the first hotel brand to allow kids to eat and stay for free and the first to take online bookings.
More hotel news
- Six Senses to open all-suite and -villa resort in Bali
- Rome Cavalieri launches new initiative to donate waste food to charity
- Battlesteads in Northumberland to become first and only UK hotel with its own observatory
- Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas unveils brand new Crystal Box terrace bar for the 2015 season
- Corinthia Hotel Prague unveils state of the art meetings and events technology for its thriving MICE market