Hilton Edinburgh Airport shrinks the Haggis
- Category: Hotel
- Created on Thursday, 09 August 2012 15:27
Scotland’s most famous dish is as cute as a cupcakeWith thousands of international visitors expected to descend upon Edinburgh for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Hilton Edinburgh Airport gets set to welcome guests from across the world with Scotland’s national dish in cupcake form.
Specially created by the hotel’s sous chef Paul Ritchie, the cupcake will have all the classic ingredients of haggis, neeps and tatties and will give visitors from USA, Sweden, Germany, France, Denmark, Canada, Italy, Norway, Australia, and Japan a bite size taste of traditional Scotland.
Ritchie said, “The haggis cupcake was created to celebrate the start of the Edinburgh Festival and is a fun and tasty way of introducing thousands of international visitors to haggis, neeps and tatties.”
Liam Spillane, general manager of Hilton Edinburgh Airport added, “We will welcome approximately 2000 international guests to the hotel throughout the month of August and we wanted to cook up a special treat to welcome our guests who have travelled from all over the globe to Edinburgh.
“Many international visitors are sometimes unsure about trying a full haggis dish; however, with the haggis cupcake they have the opportunity to have a mini tasting.”
The delicious delicacy devised in celebration of the Edinburgh Festival is available exclusively at Hilton Edinburgh Airport during the month of August and costs £2.95
More hotel news
- General Manager of The Landmark London Hotel announces retirement
- Natural Retreats to open The Inn at John O’Groats, Scotland- August 2013
- BFTE delegates dazzled by local performers
- Atlantic Tower by Thistle unveils newly refurbished Vista Bar & Restaurant
- Hilton London Islington undergoes a £5.2 Million rooms make over and new Executive Lounge