Built by visionary developers Richard Loughead and Spalding Wathen, Jr. on a 40-foot-high bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa opened in 2006 as Pismo Beach's only luxury resort. The Dolphin Bay experience comprises the luxury hotel, its signature restaurant, Lido, and the newly remodelled Spa at Dolphin Bay, surrounded by expansive lawns and the breath-taking beauty of California’s Central Coast.
With sixty spacious suites offering never-ending views, the resort enters its second decade stronger than ever. Our new website provides a striking introduction to the resort, while our new pool and pool deck, expanded and remodelled spa, new furniture and fixtures in the suites and refreshed exteriors ensure a spectacular stay.
After 15 years of planning, permitting and construction, Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa opened its doors in March 2006 and since then, the resort and its staff have been strong and committed members of the local community and the hospitality trade, serving hundreds of thousands of satisfied guests from all over the world.
As gorgeous as the facility and surroundings may be, the resort is known worldwide for its people, their sincere care for the guest experience and the unparalleled customer service they provide.
Over the last decade, Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa and its employees have been recognized by guests and peers alike:
• 2010-2016 Lido receives Award of Excellence for its wine selection from Wine Spectator magazine
• 2012 U.S. News & World Report includes Dolphin Bay in its Top 3% of luxury hotels worldwide
• 2014 California Hotel & Lodging Association awards Dolphin Bay its Stars of the Industry Award for its signature event, The Chardonnay Symposium
• 2014 Pismo Beach Chamber of Commerce names Dolphin Bay the Business of the Year
• 2016 Dolphin Bay is selected as a finalist for the Pineapple Award from Preferred Hotels & Resorts for its community involvement
• 2016 Conde Nast Johansens selects Dolphin Bay as the featured cover property for its 2017 Guide to Luxury Hotel in The Americas
The staff and management of Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa will be celebrating their ten-year milestone and unveiling their new logos and brand scheme at a party on October 15, 2016 with food, wine and live entertainment. More details to follow.
All proceeds from the event will go to The Land Conservancy's Pismo Preserve Project. The Pismo Preserve is 880 acres of preserved open space overlooking Pismo Beach. This exquisite property will feature world class hiking, biking and equestrian trails and will provide outdoor recreation opportunities for the community and increase eco-tourism in Pismo Beach.