A celebration of great cuisine and wine with award-winning chefs, winemakers and food experts from around the globeContinuing on the success of the past World Gourmet Festivals, Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel has announced that it will host the 17th Annual World Gourmet Festival from 19-25 September 2016.
Since its inception, the World Gourmet Festival has grown in prominence to feature an extraordinary line-up of some of the best chefs, winemakers and food experts from across the globe. They gather under one roof for a week-long celebration of outstanding cuisine and superb wines.
Currently confirmed to participate in the 17th Annual World Gourmet Festival are:
• Chef Kanesaka Shinjii, Shinji by Kanesaka - Raffles Singapore ( 2 Michelin Star)
• Chef Mauro Colagreco, Mirazur in Menton, France ( 2 Michelin Star)
• Chef Anthony Genovese, Il Pagliaccio, Rome – Italy ( 2 Michelin Star)
• Chef Hideaki Sato, Ta Vie, Hong Kong (1 Michelin Star)
• Chef Marco Stabile, Ora d'Aria at Florence, Italy (1 Michelin Star)
• Chef Josean Alija, Nerua Restaurant from Guggenehim Museum of Bilbao, Spain (1 Michelin Star)
• Chef Ana Ros, Hiša Franko in Kobarid, Slovenia
• Chef Dharshan Munidasa, Ministry of Crab – Colombo, Sri Lanka
• Chef Bobby Chinn, Freelancer - Hanoi
Each guest chef will host two evenings in one of the hotel’s award-winning restaurants. The hugely famous World Gourmet Brunch - one of the most popular events of the festival - will take place on the last day of the event, Sunday, 25 September. This is the last chance to sample their creations, and offers more availability than the exclusive dinner events.
Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel has created the World Gourmet Festival package so that guests enjoying one of the festival dinners can retire to their guestroom afterwards, full and content, and enjoy a good night’s sleep. The package starts at THB 23,900 (approx. £520) for two people, including overnight accommodation in a deluxe view room, access to Kasara lounge (including buffet breakfast and evening canapés) and tickets to any selected World Gourmet Festival.*)
We are proud to support HRH Princess Soamsawali’s ‘Save A Child’s Life from AIDS Project’ under the auspices of the Thai Red Cross Society, which provides medicine for pregnant mothers who are afflicted with AIDS. Proceeds from the auction held throughout the week plus THB 600 (approx.. £20) per dinner ticket sold will be donated to the charity.