Luxury brand adds exclusive Golf itineraries to collection of brand-wide, guest-focused initiativesWaldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts has announced the launch of Waldorf Astoria Golf Experiences, a collection of once-in-a-lifetime packages that pair the most elite golf experiences with luxury accommodation at select Waldorf Astoria hotels beginning in August. The annual programme will visit new destinations each year, with the inaugural year debuting at four properties: Waldorf Astoria Chicago, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh, Waldorf Astoria New York, and Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
Waldorf Astoria Golf Experiences are curated exclusively for the most distinguished golf enthusiasts by Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts in partnership with Golf Digest. Each package offers access to one of the world’s most discriminating fairways named in Golf Digest’s “100 Greatest Golf Courses,” access to the magazine’s top pro-golf editors, VIP amenities, and exceptional itineraries, as well as a stay at one of Waldorf Astoria’s iconic properties featuring the brand’s unparalleled True Waldorf Service. Each participating destination will be exclusive to the first 16 guests who book the package (four groups of four), with the exception of Waldorf Astoria New York, which will accept the first 11 guests who book the package.
"In launching the Waldorf Astoria Golf Experiences, Waldorf Astoria guests now have access to several of the most exclusive golf courses and itineraries that are nearly impossible to book otherwise," said John T.A. Vanderslice, global head, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. “Giving our guests the access to book these bespoke offerings – from a brand they already trust to exceed their expectations – further positions Waldorf Astoria as a leader in guest service and unforgettable experiences.”
The Waldorf Astoria Golf Experiences’ packages feature one full day of golf, a two-night stay and an “Inside the Ropes Bull & Bear Dinner” at participating Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Pricing for the packages begin at $3,999 per player*, based on single occupancy, and include:
· Welcome cocktail reception with Custom Putter Fitting by Toulon Design
· In-room amenities
· Private group breakfast briefing prior to golf outing with roundtrip luxury transport between the property and the golf club
· Course briefing by a PGA Golf Pro at the club including caddy assignment
· 18 holes of golf including lunch, beverages, and post-round cocktails
· Pro Shop Gift Card of $100
· Private “Inside the Ropes Bull & Bear Dinner” hosted by a Golf Digest senior editor
The golf programme will tee off in 2016 at four of Waldorf Astoria's 27 properties, with bookings available starting Wednesday, June 22, including:
• Waldorf Astoria Chicago, August 18-20 at an undisclosed private course on Golf Digest’s America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses
Tee Time: Friday, August 19
• Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh, September 21-23 at Carnoustie Golf Links
Tee Time: Friday, September 22
• Waldorf Astoria New York, September 28-30 at an undisclosed private course on Golf Digest’s America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses
Tee Time: Thursday, September 29
• Waldorf Astoria Orlando, October 21 – 23 at Streamsong Red (Ranked #100 on Golf Digest’s America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses)
Tee Time: Saturday, October 22
For guests who want to begin their own golf story with Waldorf Astoria, the Waldorf Astoria Golf Experience package is available today through December 31, 2016, allowing avid and amateur golfers to play at participating properties, and includes a $150 golf credit per two-night stay.
These newly-launched experiences follow Waldorf Astoria’s commitment to deliver unparalleled experiences through its existing brand-wide programmes: Waldorf Astoria Unforgettable Experiences, an initiative introduced in 2015 to highlight truly bespoke offerings from each of the brand’s 27 properties worldwide; Waldorf Astoria Driving Experiences, a driving programme that offers guests the unique opportunity to get behind-the-wheel of select supercars; Taste of Waldorf Astoria, a partnership with the James Beard Foundation and Waldorf Master Chefs to find the next iconic dish; and the recently launched Taste of Waldorf Astoria Unforgettable Experiences, a collection of experiential gastronomic packages that allow guests to embark on their own Taste of Waldorf adventures around the world.