Hyatt House Düsseldorf marks the brand’s entry into EuropeHyatt today announced that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a franchise agreement with InTown Hospitality GmbH for a Hyatt House hotel in Düsseldorf, Germany, which is expected to open January 2017. Hyatt House Düsseldorf will mark the brand’s entry into Europe, and is the first franchise agreement for a Hyatt-branded hotel in the region, an important step toward increasing Hyatt’s brand representation throughout Europe.
The Hyatt House brand is rooted in extensive consumer insights indicating that guests seek stylish, comfortable, seamless experiences that accommodate their lifestyles and familiar routines. To embody this, the brand offers casual hospitality and purposeful service in a smartly designed, high-tech and contemporary environment.
“We are delighted to announce plans for the first Hyatt House hotel in Europe,” said Peter Fulton, group president Europe, Arica, Middle East and Southwest Asia, Hyatt. “We continue to grow the Hyatt House brand thoughtfully in key markets around the world, and we believe Hyatt House Düsseldorf will provide an exciting new hotel experience for guests visiting this important European city.”
The hotel will be a part of Andreas Quartier, a former courthouse being redeveloped by Frankonia Eurobau Andreasquartier GmbH. Located in the Altstadt (Old Town) district of central Düsseldorf, the hotel will be nearby the Rhine River embankment and Königsallee, the city’s most prestigious street that is home to high-end retailers and theaters. Additionally, the hotel will be a short walk to the city’s main attractions and a 15-minute drive to Düsseldorf International Airport. The hotel’s interior will be designed by Jan Wichers, a renowned German designer whose portfolio includes hotels, restaurants and golf courses worldwide.
“We are honored to be part of the first Hyatt House hotel in Germany – the combination of the hotel’s extended stay offering and ideal location will be attractive for business and leisure travelers and families,” said Moreno Occhiolini, chief executive officer, InTown Hospitality GmbH. “We believe that Hyatt House Düsseldorf will cater to a growing extended stay market in the Düsseldorf area. We look forward to welcoming guests and making them feel at home.”
Hyatt House Düsseldorf will offer:
• 102 apartment-style Kitchen Suites with fully-equipped kitchens, comfortable living rooms, spacious bedrooms, and stylish bathrooms with complimentary skin and hair care amenities
• Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and guestrooms
• The Commons, a comfortable lounge with an open and welcoming space for guests to relax, gather and socialize
• 24/7 H Market to meet the everyday needs of guests, from snacks and sundries • A 24-hour Workout Room to keep fitness routines going
• Gathering Rooms with flexible meeting spaces, audiovisual equipment and a House Host to make sure events are a real crowd pleaser
• Borrows Menu with often-forgotten items from phone charges to razors
• A Very Important Resident (VIR) program, including complimentary grocery shopping, and other personalized perks, for guests with 30 plus consecutive nights
• Additional services, including guest laundry and complimentary grocery shopping available to extended stay guests