Corinthia Hotel St Petersburg unveils a package following in the footsteps of ‘War & Peace’, celebrating Russian literary and cultural heritageAhead of the final episode of War & Peace airing on Sunday, the luxury Corinthia Hotel St Petersburg has created a package following in the footsteps of ‘War and Peace’ for those who have found themselves fascinated with nineteenth-century Tsarist Russia. The package includes luxury accommodation, a full-day tour of Catherine Palace and a half-day tour of the Hermitage museum – all guided and planned to guests’ preferences. Package price starts at 65,000 Rubles (approx. £572) for three nights.
As the capital of the Russian Empire from 1703 until 1917, St Petersburg boasts a wealth of monuments, sights, and museums that transport visitors back in time to the opulent era of the Tsars. Corinthia St Petersburg, situated in the heart of Nevsky Prospect, the city’s main thoroughfare, boasts the perfect location from which leisure guests can explore the city.
The package includes a guided full-day tour of Catherine Palace – including the glittering Great Ballroom and Amber room – and a half-day tour of the Hermitage museum, which houses the world’s biggest collection of masterpieces.
Not only do the above feature in Leo Tolstoy’s literary masterpiece and the most recent adaptation, they are also some of the best that the Capital of the North has to offer. Guests will be guided to feel part of the city’s rich history of the city and experience War & Peace from a first person perspective.
Though Russia has traditionally been considered an expensive holiday destination, the current exchange rate means there has never been a better time to visit the heart of imperial Russia.
Package price starts at 65,000 Rubles (approx. £572) for three nights. For further information and terms and conditions, please see corinthia.com/hotels/stpetersburg/war-and-peace/
The ‘War & Peace’ package includes:
• Airport transfers to and from the hotel
• A glass of Russian sparkling wine upon arrival
• Accommodation for a minimum of three nights, including a sumptuous buffet breakfast
• Full day guided tour to Catherine Palace, the unique setting of one of the series’ highlight scenes: the Tsar’s Ball and Pushkin park
• Half day guided tour of the Hermitage museum, featured in the series and boasting one of the world’s most extensive art collections
• Hotel Special War & Peace welcome amenity in the room
• Upgrades to an executive room or suite at a supplement charge. This comprises accommodation in the hotel’s plush executive wing and access to the only Executive Club Lounge in the city, where guests can enjoy complimentary breakfast, lunch, and evening snacks, as well as a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
• Early Check In/Late check out
• Packages are available for sale now at corinthia.com/stpetersburg from 65,000 Roubles.