Modelled entirely on guest insight, the Holiday Inn Express brand’s Next Generation guest experience has been developed with industry-leading experts to meet the changing needs of today’s ‘Smart Travellers’, who appreciate functional and thoughtful design tied in with an efficient and friendly service. They’ll get everything they need and nothing they don’t.
In order to stay ahead of guests’ expectations, the hotel lobby, dining area and guest rooms have been redesigned, the brand’s service delivery completely revamped and a new food and beverage concept launched. Guests can enjoy the hotel’s most innovative and efficient smart technological solutions at every stage of their stay.
The new Holiday Inn Express Next Generation guest room has been designed to balance home comforts with smart design features that together provide guests with a flexible room designed to better support their routines. Special features in some of the new guest rooms include:
• Smart TVs enabling guests to stream their own media from a personal device or log in to apps such as Netflix using the hotel’s free Wi-Fi.
• A larger, cosier, bed with a padded, noise-reducing headboard which takes inspiration from a business class aeroplane seat. The high, soft back also provides back support for working or watching television in bed.
• A flexible work/rest corner where traditional desks have been replaced with a comfortable, ergonomically designed multi-use chair and table that can be moved around the room.
• Stored in a full-length mirror, guests can access an iron, ironing board and a hairdryer.
Further Holiday Inn Express innovations include:
• Ability to view your room and its location in relation to hotel amenities, stairs, elevators and emergency exits via tablet screens. Guests can also choose their room.
• Located in an integrated lobby and food and beverage experience, the new Express Café & Bar is an inviting ‘pit-stop’ for guests.
• It offers simple, honest food done well and is specifically designed to better fit guests’ need for quickly prepared and tasty food, on the go.
• You can choose between having an in-hotel Express Start™ or have it ‘to go’.
The Next Generation guest experience for Holiday Inn Express will be launching across Europe and adapted for new build hotels and properties undergoing renovation. The plan is for at least one in every four of the brand’s European properties to feature it within the next three years, starting with Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, Holiday Inn Express Grimsby, Holiday Inn Express London - Ealing and Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North.
Mike Greenup, Vice President, Brand Management, Holiday Inn Brand Family, Europe, IHG said: “A hotel room is no longer just a place to sleep and our approach to technology and service starts with understanding our guests and their needs throughout their booking experience and stay. This investment in guest insight and our hotels is enabling us to stay ahead of the game.”