An Industry First: Marriott International presents Meetings Imagined to unlock inspiration and creativity giving planners new tools to design engaging and memorable experiences.Planning a well-crafted, creative and inspiring meeting has become an art form with limitless possibilities. Marriott International hosts thousands of meetings every year and has drawn on the company’s brand differentiation, expertise and talent to launch an industry first, Meetings Imagined, a set of tools to help any planner design and manage the perfect meeting experience. No matter the budget, size, or location of the meeting, planners have more choices and concepts to draw upon than ever before.
“After thoroughly researching and analysing over 40,000 meetings and events, we discovered that today’s meeting attendees are looking for something that goes beyond ‘a meeting’ and creates an experience where people feel connected, inspired, and accomplished,” said Brian King, Global Officer - Marriott Signature Brands & Global Sales. “Meeting planners and attendees alike told us a fresh and disruptive point of view in the meetings and conventions industry desperately needed.”
Meetings Imagined offers several touch points that meeting planners can connect with to create and design a bespoke meeting experience. These include:
Marriott International Hotel brands – with 19 brands globally and 12 brands in Europe, the strength and diversity of the portfolio from economy to luxury tier enables Marriott to offer creative solutions for any meeting requirement.
Industry Leading Digital Experiences – Marriott regularly innovates its digital experiences and now offers a suite of digital capabilities for meetings:
• Meeting Services App - Connects planners with Marriott’s event team before, during and after their meeting. Planners can make real-time requests for coffee refills, room temperature changes and tech needs from their mobile device.
• ResLink Direct – a complimentary digital reservation Link that makes it easy to reserve rooms and book contracted rates online, eliminating the need to remember a separate discount code. It can also easily be shared with meeting delegates.
• The Marriott Mobile App – It’s the perfect travel companion. Marriott Rewards members who book with the app or on Marriott.com are able to check in before they arrive; receive room-ready notifications; and enjoy an enhanced arrival experience by texting service requests such as additional towels and room service. The app also reminds guests to check out, triggering a copy of their bill to be sent via email.
• MeetingsImagined.com, providing ideas, inspiration and expertise to make the meeting planning process easier and more fun. Seven meeting purposes have been identified – Celebrate, Decide, Educate, Ideate, Network, Produce, and Promote. The purpose of the meeting is critical to in order to provide the right recommendations and new ideas.
• Marriott’s Meeting Purpose Methodology - A proven process to help planners zero in on what’s important for meeting success and to design the perfect attendee experience.
• The Inspiration Gallery – A stunning visual library with thousands of set-up, food & beverage and décor images to spark the imagination.
• Tips & Trends - Expert stories and articles with the latest trends in the meetings business that is continually updated with fresh and engaging content.
• Hotel Ideas – Easily browse by brand, country, hotel, meeting size or amenities and find exactly what you’re looking for.
People and Expertise – passionate people, expert training and in depth expertise enables Marriott to offer far more than just a meeting space. Its meeting experts are adept at creating and executing flawless meetings. Digital innovations are important but they can never replace the support of personal service.
Next Generation Meetings Spaces – Cutting edge meeting spaces that are designed to inspire social and collaborative meetings. Delegates can enjoy interactive meeting room features such as the ability to write on walls and breakout tables to allow creative thinking. The adaptable rooms can be set up in conventional boardroom or theatre style, or delegates can take advantage of a mixture of high and low tables and chairs to create different layouts to reflect the meeting purpose.
London Marriott Hotel Kensington, Copenhagen Marriott Hotel, Istanbul Marriott Sisli, Amsterdam Marriott and Munich Marriott all offer variations of next generation meeting spaces with more planned across hotels in Europe over the next few years. Marriott Heathrow, Marriott Regents Park and Marriott Glasgow will be introducing next generation meeting spaces in 2016.
Participating brands worldwide that offer unique Meetings Imagined experiences include JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels®, Gaylord Hotels® and Courtyard®.