The announcement follows the successful debut of Moxy Milan Malpensa, Italy in September 2014 and the news that the brand is entering the U.S market with eight identified properties slated for major metropolitan locations, including three in New York City (Chelsea, Mid-town and Lower Manhattan), San Francisco, Seattle, New Orleans and Chicago.
“The launch of Moxy Milan was a defining moment for the brand; its first hotel in a gateway city that has met with widespread approval. Its continued expansion in the U.S will extend its appeal to new markets and help to establish it as a truly international brand”, said Amy McPherson, president and managing director of Marriott International, Europe.
“We expect that the next few years will show significant growth, helping to build brand presence so travellers can familiarise themselves with a new affordable design hotel concept. We look forward to the future and what it brings for Moxy!”
In partnership with Vastint Hospitality as the owner and developer and franchise partners, Nordic Hospitality and ZLEEP Hotels for Moxy Copenhagen, the following Moxy hotels are expected to open by end 2016:
1. Moxy Munich Airport, Germany - located five minutes from the main terminal - winter 2015
2. Moxy Eschborn, Germany - located 10 minutes from downtown Frankfurt and 15 minutes from Frankfurt Airport – early 2016
3. Moxy Frankfurt Gateway Gardens, Germany - located in the campus of Gateway Gardens , walking distance to Frankfurt Airport terminal 2 - summer 2016
4. Moxy Aberdeen Airport, UK – mid 2016
5. Moxy Berlin Ostbahnhof, Germany - near Alexanderplatz, Prenzlauer Berg and the River Spree – early 2016
6. Moxy London Royal Docks, UK - close to the ExCel Exhibition Areas and Canary Wharf - autumn 2016
7. Moxy London Stratford, UK - next to Europe’s largest Shopping Center and adjacent to the Olympic Park – summer 2016
8. Moxy Oslo Exporama, Norway – next to one of the largest exhibition grounds between Oslo and Oslo Airport - summer 2016
9. Moxy Copenhagen, Denmark – close to Scandiagade which has seen much development in recent years for offices, retail and residential developments - summer 2016
10. Moxy Essen, Germany – located right in the city centre of the West German City of Essen, a short walk from one of the busiest train stations in Germany - winter 2016
11. Moxy London Heathrow Airport, UK - located on Bath Road with quick access to Heathrow’s Terminals – winter 2016
Defined by attitude rather than affordability, Moxy Hotels redesigns the traditional economy hotel experience, allowing guests to work, play, connect and enjoy whilst surrounded by bold design and contemporary style. With its vibrant lobby spaces, 24/7 self-service grab and go, ample plug-ins for personal devices and free Wi-Fi, Moxy aims to surprise budget-conscious travellers with a thoughtful, spirited and fun guest experience.
Moxy Hotels is the latest addition in a growing luxury and lifestyle brand portfolio at Marriott International. Each brand is positioned to serve today’s savvy traveller by delivering high design and technology forward experiences at every price point. Marriott International’s luxury and lifestyle brands portfolio currently includes The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, EDITION, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, the Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott, Bulgari and Moxy Hotels. Accounting for 25 percent of the company’s system wide pipeline, Marriott expects to add more than 200 luxury and lifestyle hotel projects over the next several years, reflecting over $15 billion of investment by the company’s owners and franchisees. Across Marriott’s entire portfolio of brands, the company expects to surpass one million rooms open or in development by the end of 2015.