Iconic Toronto hotel to begin renovation of 1,371 guest rooms and suites to debut in 2015From IncentiveWorks in Toronto, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide today announced that it will embark on a $90 million renovation of the Sheraton Centre Toronto, resulting in a floor-to-ceiling transformation of the hotel's 1,371 guest rooms and suites. The revival of the Canadian flagship Sheraton property will begin in early November bringing a fresh look to guest rooms with rich colors, graphic patterns and clean lines inspired by Sheraton’s brand design, and a new energy efficient HVAC system. This comprehensive refurbishment is slated for completion in 2015.
“As one of Toronto’s most prominent landmark hotels it is essential for us to provide the best accommodations and experience possible for visitors to the city,” said David Connor, Area Managing Director, Eastern Canada, Starwood Hotels & Resorts. “The extensive renovation to our guest rooms and suites will bring a revived energy to our hotel. Our exceptional guest service and superior location in the heart of the city will assert our place as the premier option for those visiting the city.”
The completed renovation will include full guestroom and suite refurbishment, as well as replacement of all floor and wall finishes in public corridors and hallways. As a part of the re-design, the hotel will add two new guest rooms bringing the total room count up to 1,373. After completion of the renovation all guestrooms and suites will feature new case goods, seating, lighting, mirrors and window treatments.
Additional features will include:
• Wall-mounted 50” flat panel televisions in all guest rooms and suites.
• All-white Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® bed, designed to meet AAA’s Five Diamond Award® criteria.
• Completely renovated bathrooms featuring low-flow toilets, shower heads and faucets reducing water consumption throughout the building. Some of the renovated bathrooms will feature walk-in showers.
• An energy efficient, Variable Refrigerant Flow HVAC system which allows guests to control the thermostat in their room, providing personalized comfort regardless of the season.
• Technologically-enabled guestrooms featuring wired and wireless Internet platform Earlier this month the hotel completed a $13 million retrofitting of all guest room windows helping to reduce energy consumption and making the hotel more energy efficient overall, further reinforcing the hotel’s commitment and focus on reducing energy consumption by 30 percent and water consumption by 20 percent by the year 2020.
Additionally, the hotel recently completed renovations to its meeting space, refurbishing the meeting rooms on the Mezzanine and 4th floor as well as expanding to more than 130,000 sq. ft. with the addition of the Provincial and Willow Ballrooms.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel is connected to the PATH, a 16-mile underground network of shops, including the renowned Eaton Centre Mall. The hotel offers signature Sheraton brand amenities, including the [email protected] experienced with Microsoft®, a Sheraton Fitness Centre, Sheraton Social Hour providing travellers with access to premium wines through weekly evening tasting events and the all-white Sweet SleeperTM bed. Guests who book a stay on the Sheraton Club Level can enjoy panoramic views of downtown Toronto from the hotel’s 43rd floor Club Lounge while enjoying complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and a selection of cold canapés in the evening. The hotel features the city’s largest indoor-outdoor swimming pool with expansive sun-drenched terrace.