- Show previews
- Media info
Marriott International accelerates European expansion with first hotel in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Category: Hotel
- Created on Friday, 08 November 2013 12:02
Ideally located just 20 minutes from the airport and near the old city, the Residence Inn Sarajevo will provide convenient access to the city’s historical and cultural attractions as well as restaurants, cafes and shops. An attractive year-round destination, Sarajevo is known for its variety of summer festivals and skiing throughout the winter months.
“We are expanding our footprint in Eastern Europe and look forward to opening our first hotel in Bosnia and Herzegovina,” said Amy McPherson, president and managing director for Marriott International in Europe. “An as evolving business destination, Sarajevo is a perfect fit for our Residence Inn brand.”
Residence Inn properties are designed as all-suite hotels that offer studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites. Well-designed rooms with large, well-lit work desks, ergonomic chairs and complimentary high-speed Internet enable guests to maintain productivity, while plush mattresses and crisp linens promote restorative sleep. Designed for stays of five nights or more, each suite has a fully-equipped kitchen, separate dining area and flat screen television.
A pioneer in extended stay, Residence Inn offers guests inviting and functional public spaces to relax or collaborate with 24-hour access to food and beverage. Other features include a fitness room and onsite guest laundry.
More hotel news
- Mercure London Watford Hotel renovates 100 bedrooms as part of extensive refurbishment
- Malta’s top chefs bring Mediterrean soul to Corinthia London, The Wolseley and The Delaunay this March
- Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel proud to be the Official Partner Hotel of Asia Hotel Art Fair 2015
- Sands Resorts Cotai Strip Macao hosts Sales Excellence Awards 2014
- Hideaway Beach Resort & Spa re-opens following a $50 million investment