Hotel bar beats the Gym when business travelers are on the roadFor those who can’t make it to Munich this fall, Four Points by Sheraton hotels in North America are celebrating the German tradition of Oktoberfest with the addition of seasonal, local craft beers to their bar menus as part of the Four Points’ Best Brews? program. In addition, the Four Points brand is offering a Best Brews Package now through December 31, 2013, allowing guests to kick back with two complimentary beers for each night of their stay.
Four Points by Sheraton hotels have made the bar a focal point of the guest experience, in line with their “comfort isn’t complicated,” brand promise. Guests have consistently indicated their desire for a welcoming, engaging bar setting in which to stay social, even on the road – while taking in the game, meeting with colleagues, or enjoying the Four Points weekly Best Brews and BBQ receptions on Wednesday nights.
In fact, the Four Points brand’s most recent global survey of business travelers (surveying more than 6,000 travelers across six countries) demonstrated that the bar remains a draw, with the majority of respondents replying that they prefer enjoying the bar with colleagues to any other free-time activity, except getting some sleep!
Oktoberfest craft brews offered at Four Points hotels include the following:
• Brooklyn Oktoberfest (Four Points Chelsea, Manhattan) Brewed from the finest German malt and hops, Brooklyn Oktoberfest is true to the original style, full-bodied and malty, with a bready aroma and light, brisk hop bitterness
• Boulevard Brewing Company “Bob’s ’47 Oktoberfest” (Four Points Kansas City Airport) A medium-bodied, dark amber brew with a malty flavor and well-balanced hop character
• Yazoo “Hefeweizen” (Four Points Nashville-Brentwood) An authentic example of a Bavarian hefeweizen, cloudy and tart, with notes of banana and citrus
• Wred Wheat Ale from Wild Rose Brewery (Four Points Calgary West) A combination of six types of malted wheat and barley
• Speakeasy Red Rye Scarlett (Four Points San Rafael, California) A creamy body and rich roasty flavor ranging from sweet hop highs to spicy rye tones