- Show previews
- Media info
Follow in the footsteps of King Richard III with a new Antique & History Trail Experience - The Old Swan & Minster Mill
- Category: Hotel
- Created on Thursday, 20 June 2013 15:28
To take advantage, the Old Swan & Minster Mill, a de Savary Property, located in Minster Lovell, has created a special two-night "Antique & History Trail" experience on 11th - 13th October '13, allowing guests the opportunity to take advantage of the hotel's Antique Trail and nearby historical interests.
Minster Lovell Hall ruins, a short walk from the Old Swan & Minster Mill, is a must for historians. Once home to the notorious Francis, the ninth baron and loyal servant to King Richard III, Richard was a frequent visitor to Minster Lovell Hall, and even bestowed the title of Viscount Lovell to Francis, a devout Yorkist.
Stopping off at the Old Swan, a coaching inn during the time of the King's reign, the "King Richard III" room - believed to be where the King stayed more than once is available for guest's to book and will only add to the historical weekend.
With the Old Swan & Minster Mill's trail, guests will have the opportunity to be immersed in a weekend of history, by visiting the many antique shops and galleries, as well as learning about the fascinating and "topical" history that Minster Lovell conceals and how following the defeat of the House of York and death of Richard III in the battle of Bosworth in 1485, the hall passed into the hands of the Crown. Graham Kew local history authoritarian, will give guests an in-depth organised historical talk.
The Antiques & History Trail is priced at £510.00 and Includes:
• Two nights in a Minster Mill room (£100 to upgrade to an Old Swan room)
• Daily Breakfast
• A two-hour Historical Guided Tour to Minster Lovell Hall Ruins `
• Tickets to Blenheim Palace, Park and Gardens
• Three-course evening dinner in the Old Swan on Saturday night complete with a talk from John Howard, antiques specialist and the Chairman of the Cotswold Art & Antique Dealers Association (CADA).
• A complimentary decanter of sloe gin in the room upon check-in
(£40 supplement per person for three course dinner on Friday night)
More hotel news
- Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel unveils new look
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts plans to open four resorts on Hainan Island in next five years
- Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa becomes first hotel in Spain to receive golden sustainability certificate
- Fusion Maia Da Nang launches eight new wellness retreats
- 195 "Urban Style" Business Rooms and a chance to experience nature at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel