When its legendary doors reopen next month and a new generation of travellers steps into the latest chapter of this hotel’s extraordinary evolution they’ll find a glamorous dose of short-haul sunshine and a striking new look and style. A look three years in the making, and a style unrivalled in the Mediterranean, Thanos Hotels and Resorts has worked patiently and painstakingly to ensure this new ‘queen’ is worthy of her crown.
As elite travellers turn towards safe destinations in the wake of growing global unrest the new Anassa has more than just geography on its side. New look rooms and suites, new villas, a refurbished spa and quite possibly one of the world’s chicest hotel boutiques alongside the best beach in the country, fabulous food and sensational service ensure the refreshed Anassa, opening on March 14th 2016, has held onto the unwavering qualities of old. In addition a new teenagers club CREW will launch in May offering experiences, activities and socialising for the younger generation.
Designed like a traditional Cypriot village, with 166 low-rise rooms, suites and residences, the hotel is not only recognised as a leader in luxury Mediterranean resorts but has been named many times as one of the best hotels in the world (Conde Nast Traveller, Tatler). Encouraging refined ‘joie de vivre’ and perfect for those who appreciate life’s quintessential pleasures Anassa lines the edge of west Cyprus’ rugged Akamas peninsula. The hotel is famous for its beautiful secluded beach, crystal waters, vast gardens of olive groves and bougainvillea, chic design and gracious service. Epitomising Mediterranean living the hotel exudes traditional charm – from The Village Square with its own Byzantine Chapel to this signature suites and residences which are named after Greek gods and goddesses.
• ROOMS & SUITES – Re-designed by Parisian interior designer Joelle Pleot the refurbished rooms and suites are the ultimate in refined Mediterranean chic. With luxurious silks and linens, nautical blues and understated taupes, the rooms and suites offer cool, contemporary comfort and an abundance of space.
• VILLAS – Anassa now has four private villas, ideal for groups seeking total privacy and pristine beaches alongside five-star service. Alcyone, Andromeda, Aether and Alexandros sleep between four and nine people. Charming blue shutters sit against their beautiful white-washed walls on the exteriors, whilst interiors offer top-to-toe luxury. Huge terraces with beautiful infinity pools give stunning views over the sea and provide the perfect setting for family holidays or glamorous house parties.
• SPA – The award winning Thalassa Spa, which is based on the concept of a Roman-style health retreat, offers an extensive range of therapies, from one-off treatments to immersive ten day detox programmes. Following a facelift this year, the spa has new colours, new equipment and will be launching new treatments from ila and highly regarded, star facialist Anastasia Achilleos.
• KULT BOUTIQUE – Anassa recently welcomed Kult, which thanks to its sheer size and quality selection of designer stock, has set a new precedent in hotel boutique shopping. Spanning a vast 300 square metres the space was designed by architect Paolo Giachi - famously responsible for designing Louis Vuitton and Fendi stores in Florence. Offering an exceptional shopping experience, and in addition to the hotel’s beach shop, Kult gives guests access to collections from the likes of Prada, Miu Miu, Bottega Veneta, Stella McCartney, Saint Laurent, Jimmy Choo, Aqua Di Parma and more.
• CREW – Recognising the need to cater to older children who don’t require the same structure as younger groups, Anassa will launch CREW in May 2016. This exciting activity programme for over 11s will introduce a flexible framework for independent older children and teens and adds to Anassa’s already exceptional family offering.
Room rates at Anassa start from €178 per person, per night including breakfast. Suites start at €840 per suite, per night including breakfast. Half-board and full-board options are available. Anassa is 45 minutes by car from Pafos International Airport serviced from the UK by British Airways, Easyjet, Thomas Cook, Thompson and Jet2.