Preview of exotic AquaSpa on Celebrity Cruises’ newest ship, Celebrity Reflection
- Category: Cruise
- Created on Friday, 17 August 2012 16:09
The AquaSpa’s expanded 883-square-foot Persian Garden will feature 15 heated tile beds, with soothing sea views through the floor to ceiling windows and six entirely new experiences:
• The Hammam: A modern twist on a traditional Turkish experience, the Hammam is a cool, calm and quiet space designed to loosen muscles and joints while relaxing on a heated stone slab. The relaxing, regenerating experience can be enhanced with a massage or a soothing custom salt scrub
• Infrared Sauna: Infrared heat offers distinct advantages over traditional steam heat saunas, as it provides many of the health benefits of natural sunlight without the dangerous effects of solar radiation. The heat within the infrared sauna penetrates deep into guests’ joints and surrounding tissue to increase blood flow, reduce inflammation and decrease pain versus purely heat the skin, as in a traditional sauna
• Aromatic Steam Room: Warm steam and aromatherapy combine to melt away muscle tension and toxins, and to relax the mind, and leave the entire body feeling rejuvenated and refreshed
• The Cold Room: Guests can ‘chill out’ completely in this space, whose seats, walls and floor are icy cold (52 F). The room is designed to tighten pores that were opened and cleansed previously in the infrared sauna and aromatic steam room
• DIY Scrub and Salt Bar: This new do-it-yourself bar allows guests to create custom “body cocktails,” or scrubs, from an array of salts, sugar and herbs. The scrubs can be purchased individually, or as a package of five scrubs for $45
• Sensory Showers: Guests can complete their journey through the Persian Garden by selecting either warm, tropical rain infused with mild, fruity fragrances, or an arctic cold mist with eucalyptus essences. Creative applications of soothing sound, scent and light will further tantalise the senses to leave guests feeling invigorated and refreshed.
The Persian Garden experience is complimentary for guests booked in Celebrity Cruises’ spa-inspired AquaClass accommodations. All other guests pay $35 for a one-day pass.
Additionally, the AquaSpa will introduce “Girlz Night,” a social spa night for women and “Couples Night,” offering couples an intimate evening in the Persian Garden.
Also added to the extensive menu of treatments available at the new AquaSpa is the aptly named “Rhythm and Bliss” therapy, a rhythmic rubdown conceived and choreographed by the New York brand, bliss®, designed to give guests’ tense spots a ‘tune-up,’ while they ‘tune out’ with noise-cancelling headphones playing their choice of music.
Consistent with its focus on wellness and life balance, the AquaSpa on Celebrity Reflection will offer “Acupuncture: The Point of Well-Being,” an integrated solution for chronic symptoms ranging from severe muscle and joint pain to insomnia, in addition to Botox® and Dysport® injectables, and Restylane® and Perlane® dermal fillers.