Special event crossings and new programme destinations announcedBetween March and December 2018, Cunard’s three iconic Queens will set sail on a brand new programme of destinations and special event crossings. Passengers will be able to visit extraordinary places across Europe and around the world, and experience special exclusive events never seen before at sea, all from the luxury and glamour of Cunard’s Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria.
On board every Cunard Queen passengers will discover a wide array of entertainment and activities expertly curated to suit every taste. There is also a brand new programme of special event cruises including high profile speakers themed around passengers’ passions to add an extra special dimension to each voyage.
The 2018 special event programme includes:
• Transatlantic Fashion Week: For the third time passengers will be able to indulge in the glamour of fashion shows on board Queen Mary 2, the world’s only transatlantic liner, while being treated to inspirational talks with some of fashion’s most reputable names including the respected British fashion writer and journalist Colin McDowell MBE.
• Voyage du Vin: Wine tasting on board Cunard’s Queen Victoria introduces passengers to some of Europe’s finest wine and port destinations, along with on board talks from experts such as Will Lyons and excursions around the Atlantic Coast
• A Journey of Genealogy: For the first time ever Cunard offers the opportunity for passengers to trace their family trees on the remastered Queen Mary 2, collaborating with Ancestry.com, the largest online family history resource in the world for the trip of a lifetime across the Atlantic
• A Photographic Journey to the Land of the Midnight Sun: Passengers on Queen Elizabeth’s Norwegian Voyage will learn professional tips from esteemed photography experts such as Paul Ward, and take a special trip to the Arctic Circle to photograph the stunning phenomena of the “midnight sun”
• Big Band Ball: Once again Queen Elizabeth plays host to a spectacular celebration of music and dance, with a 13-piece Big Band Orchestra delighting guests with music from Glen Miller to Duke Ellington
The 2018 programme also includes 20 maiden calls, Hamburg Harbour Party Voyages, five Christmas Market voyages and a special five night New Year Voyage calling in Amsterdam on 31 December.
For the first time ever Cunard’s 2018 programme includes a cruise from Southampton as early as March with Queen Victoria having completed a spectacular 75-night ‘Discover South America’ voyage while the newly remastered flagship liner Queen Mary 2 continues to offer the only regular transatlantic crossing in the world with 22 crossings in 2018. Queen Victoria will be offering a truly special Mediterranean Fly-Cruise programme covering the Western and Central Mediterranean regions. This crossing has the flexibility to allow passengers the opportunity to join voyages lasting between 7- to 21-nights and to disembark at captivating historic cities such as Rome, Venice or Barcelona.
Angus Struthers, Director, Cunard says: “Our 2018 main programme offers an incredible richness and variety with itineraries and events that appeal to all. Whether it’s a two-night short break or a 24-night voyage the Queens of Cunard offer every single passenger luxury on a grand scale. Our fleet has long been synonymous with glamour and style, so what better way to experience everything the world has to offer than from an iconic Cunard Queen?”