Boutique cruise line will sail to four new ports in New Zealand, Seychelles, Mexico & Grand CaymanAzamara Club Cruises®, the boutique cruise line known for its premier destination immersive voyages, has unveiled its 2017 itineraries. In 2017, Azamara will offer 65 voyages to 203 ports in 68 countries, including the addition of four new ports; Kaikoura, New Zealand; Mahe, Seychelles; Yucatan, Mexico and George Town, Grand Cayman.
Azamara will introduce new voyages including Australia to Asia, Southern California to South Beach and Pearls Along the Indian Ocean, and also revisit travellers’ favourites such as the Monaco Grand Prix or take A Look Back in History, which cruises through Normandy, Holland, and Germany.
With longer stays in port overnight and night touring, travellers have the opportunity to experience true destination immersion taking in the sights, sounds and flavours of local cultures in every port through Azamara’s exclusive Land Discoveries® programme. Azamara provides exclusive tours and excursions via their Insider AccessSM and Nights and Cool PlacesSM programmess, which offer curated local experiences for guests, such as a guided walks around illuminated landmarks at night, an after-hours museum visit, or access to live performances, to complement daytime explorations. In 2015, Azamara will launch its highly anticipated Cruise Global, Eat Local program: providing guests with the opportunity to dine at local restaurants serving authentic fare in each port.
“We are excited to announce our 2017 portfolio of voyages that will take guests across the globe, allowing them to experience new and exciting cultures and take part in carefully curated activities and tours. Azamara’s itineraries are designed to appeal to curious explorers, and we’ve got some exciting new offerings that will appeal to first time cruisers as well as our loyal guests,” said Richard Twynam, managing director, Azamara Club Cruises UK & Ireland. “The 2017 voyages on offer early showcase Azamara’s focus on destination immersion; new programmes such as Cruise Global Eat Local and exciting maiden ports in the Seychelles, Mexico and New Zealand will inspire guests long after their holiday with us.”
Winter/spring 2017 voyages
In winter and spring 2017, Azamara Quest will sail the West Indies, Panama Canal and Central America, making stops at exotic locales, including Cartagena – a historic city in Colombia, the Panama Canal – one of the seven wonders of the modern world and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – a popular resort town surrounded by the Sierra Madre Mountains. Voyage highlights include:
- West Indies Hideaway Voyage: On this tropical 11-night voyage, guests will embark from Miami for a cruise from island to island in the West Indies, making stops at the U.S. Virgin Islands, Nevis, St. Barts and more, while experiencing adventurous activities such as snorkelling or zip-lining in rainforests.
- Baja California, Sea of Cortez & Copper Canyon Voyage: Embarking from San Diego for 12 nights, travellers will follow the Spaniards’ search for treasure through small Sierra Madre foothill towns in Mexico, experience a train ride through the magnificent Copper Canyon, and visit a pearl farm in Guaymas. Guests will also have the opportunity to swim with sea lions, take a horseback ride in the desert, go whale watching, and visit a Spanish mission near Loreto.
At the same time, Azamara Journey will sail through the exotic waters of Asia, the Pacific Ocean and through the Australia and New Zealand regions during winter and spring 2017. Voyage highlights include:
- Discovering Thailand & Vietnam Voyage: On this 13-night journey, guests will cruise from Singapore for a journey through Thailand, Vietnam and China, offering travellers the opportunity to experience Southeast Asia at its finest, by both land and water. Guests will sink their toes into a white tropical beach one day and visit a remarkable World Heritage Site the next. From small-group tours to night markets, countryside bike rides, elegant French Vietnamese dining and a quintessential night out in Bangkok, travellers will experience the vibrant cultures of Asia.
- Australia and New Zealand Voyage: For travellers looking to dive into the outback, Azamara is featuring a 15-night voyage through Australia and New Zealand. Embarking from Sydney, Australia the ship will make stops in Melbourne and then Tasmania, where travellers will visit Port Arthur and Hobart. Next stop on the cruise is New Zealand – a new port for Azamara – where travellers will visit a number of small villages including Dunedin, Akaroa, Napier, Tauranga, and finally the urban city of Auckland, New Zealand’s most populous city. Guests will experience local culture with many touring choices; from coastal hiking and marine excursions to exploring art deco towns and kiwi farms, a visit to Port Arthur’s infamous penal colony, and the Maori community of Rotorua.
Summer/autumn 2017 Voyages
Throughout summer and autumn 2017, Azamara Quest will sail across the idyllic Mediterranean and Black Sea region, combining historic lands of great antiquity, the sunny Greek isles with whitewashed villages cascading down hillsides, the popular Amalfi Coast, and the Riviera: glittering and glamorous. Voyage highlights include:
- Amalfi Coast and Sicily Voyage: For travellers looking to explore Italy’s iconic Amalfi coast, Croatia and Greece, this 10-night cruise from Rome is a great way to experience the spectacular scenery, delectable food and wine, charming towns, monumental cities and beautiful beaches and bays. While in Italy, guests will travel to the coastal sea town of Sorrento and Amalfi then head to Sicily, the largest and most southerly point in Italy. Following a trip to the historic island of Malta in the Mediterranean Sea, travellers will head to Greece, followed by Montenegro, Croatia and finally completing at Italy’s romantic and beautiful city of Venice.
Meanwhile, Azamara Journey will cruise Northern and Western Europe in the summer and autumn seasons, while also offering select voyages to the Mediterranean and Black Sea. Cruises will embark to ports in classic and beloved European destinations such as St. Petersburg, London, Paris, Norway, Iceland and Scotland, among others. Voyage highlights include:
- British Open Voyage: For travellers with an affinity for culture and sports, this 13-night cruise offers golf fans the opportunity to attend the British Open Finals at Royal Birkdale. Highlights of the trip include a visit to the quaint Irish seaside town of Cork, and a trip to vibrant and cosmopolitan Glasgow. Guests will have the opportunity to hike along the spectacular Snowdonia National Park and enjoy the Lake District, search for Nessie at Loch Ness, visit the iconic cities of Dublin, Belfast and Edinburgh, and shop for hand loomed wool goods, Waterford crystal, and single malt Scotch whisky.
- Tapas and Wine Voyage: For culinary and wine aficionados, Azamara is offering an indulgent week-long cruise along the Iberian Peninsula. During the cruise, travellers will experience local tapas and wines in Menorca, Spain and visit British Gibraltar, a strait that separates continental Europe from North Africa, and complete the cruise in Lisbon Portugal, one of the oldest cities in the world.
On board the Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest, guests receive exceptional and personal service and enjoy fine cuisine and boutique wines from around the world, as well as more inclusive amenities, such as included gratuities, complimentary bottled water, sodas, specialty coffee, and teas, as well as complimentary boutique wines, international beers and select standard spirits in the ships’ bars, lounges and restaurants when open; complimentary self-service laundry; English Butler service for suite guests; and shuttle transportation to city centres in ports, where available.