AA Rosette Award for Caleys at Macdonald Windsor Hotel
- Category: Awards
- Created on Friday, 03 August 2012 13:47
The outstanding food and celebrated wines are sourced from quality provenance with taste in mind; only the best produce is used for the seasonal menus ranging from corn-fed chickens, Scotch beef and outdoor reared pigs for the sausages to responsibly sourced fish from around the UK, free range eggs and Fairtrade coffee
As a member of the Macdonald Hotels Scottish Steak Club, speciality dishes at Caleys cooked on the Josper charcoal broiler include 21 day aged Scottish rib eye steak and Highland lamb chops. Guests can also enjoy unique sharing boards, which come in two sizes for large or small parties. Choose from a cured meat selection, smoked fish, British cheeses or a variety of dips all served with breads and tasty pickles or chutney.
Described as the ‘Jewel in Windsor’s Crown’, the 120-bedroom Macdonald Windsor Hotel features stunning, plush interiors by designer Amanda Rosa. Mainly new build behind an attractive Georgian façade, the luxurious four-star hotel is set opposite the historic Guildhall and two minutes’ walk from the Castle in the heart of Berkshire’s Royal town. There is complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel for guests and on-site car parking. It’s also within an easy walk of two train stations, while Heathrow International Airport is around 15 minutes drive away.
More awards news
- Raffles Hotel, Singapore honoured as 'Best Hotel in Asia' for a 6th year
- Swinton Park strikes Gold at the 2013 VisitEngland Awards for Excellence Ceremony
- Burj Al Arab voted the Best Hotel in the World and the Best Hotel in the Middle East by Daily Telegraph’s Ultratravel readers
- Champion for Change
- Peckforton Castle wins a Highly Commended Award at the 2013 VisitEngland Awards for Excellence