Best Greek Cuisine Award in the Golden Toques & Greek Cuisine Awards 2016Grecotel Hotels & Resorts has been recognised as the leading luxury hotel chain in Greece and the leader in the hospitality and tourism sector in Greece.
Grecotel’s accolades in the most prestigious Greek awards ranged from Amirandes Grecotel Exclusive Resort being named the best Luxury Resort in Greece to a Gold award for its inspirational environmental policies.
Grecotel General Manager, Vassilis Minadakis said: ‘I feel great joy for the top honours won by the Group and our hotels. Aside from the international recognition that we have received, these are the most prestigious Greek awards. I would like to congratulate all Grecotel staff and extend my heartfelt thanks to their tireless efforts’.
The Tourism Awards 2016 were held for the third consecutive year and reward excellence and innovation in the Travel, Hospitality & Leisure sector.
• Amirandes, Crete, Gold Award in the category Best Luxury Resort
• Creta Palace, Rethymnon Crete, Gold Award in the category Best Beach Resort
• Grecotel, Gold Award in the category of environmental initiatives as the Greenest hotelier
• Grecotel, Gold Award in the category Best Social Media for Grecotel Hotels & Resorts won along with Grecotel’s social media via partner Interweave
• Caramel, Rethymnon Crete, Silver Award in the category Best All-Suite Hotel
• Agreco Farms, Rethymnon Crete, Silver Award in the category Best Greek Cuisine and Promotion of Greek Cookery
• Grecotel, Silver Award in the category Branding / Public Relations / People Strategy for the online campaign ‘40 years of Grecotel Group’ with social media partner Interweave
Xasteria Restaurant in Amirandes Grecotel Exclusive Resort won the Best ‘Greek Cuisine’ Award at the Golden Toques & Greek Cuisine Awards 2016. The creativity of Executive Chef Yannis Kounalakis and the inspiration of Chef de Cuisine Constantine Karapanagiotis combine to create a truly exquisite experience. Their recipes are stocked with fresh seasonal organic ingredients from Grecotel’s Agreco Farm in Crete - dishes inspired by classic Cretan and Greek traditional cuisine with a modern creative touch. Xasteria Restaurant is one of only four restaurants in Crete to ever win the coveted award.