The Outstanding New Hotel of the Year award, introduced last year, is designed to improve the scope of recognition of all independent, luxury and boutique hotels that have been operating for three years or less.
The focus is on proven success and overall excellence but judges also look for hotels who have demonstrated risk taking and seized opportunities to drive their business and support the industry.
The shortlist for Outstanding New Hotel of the Year:
• Chiltern Firehouse, London
• Ham Yard, London
• The Lord Crewe Arms, Blanchland, Durham
• No 131, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
• The Pig on the Beach, Studland, Dorset
• The Wild Rabbit, Kingham, Oxfordshire
The Independent Hotelier of the Year award gives recognition to an individual who has consistently helped change the landscape of the independent, luxury and boutique hotel sector; a pioneer with a reputation for pushing boundaries. Above all the winner will be someone committed to the development of their team, the success of their establishment and the industry at large.
The shortlist for Independent Hotelier of the Year:
• Craig Bancroft and Nigel Haworth (Northcote Manor, Blackburn, Lancashire)
• Kit and Tim Kemp (Firmdale Hotels)
• Mark Sainsbury, Michael Benyan and Jason Catifeoglou (The Zetter Townhouse, London)
• David Levin (The Capital Hotel, London)
• Tim Hart (Hambleton Hall, Oakham, Rutland)
• Ian Schrager (Ian Schrager Company)
The nominations committee for the award consists of renowned industry experts, reflecting the cream of hospitality:
• Ciaran Fahy, Chief Executive, Ellerman Group
• Roberto Pajares, Opening General Manager, Ampersand Hotel
• Peter Hancock, Chief Executive, Pride of Britain Hotels
• James Lohan, CEO, Mr and Mrs Smith
• Chris Penn, Managing Director, Ace Hotel London
• Fiona Duncan, Hotel Critic and Travel Writer, Sunday Telegraph
• Robert Nadler, CEO, Nadler Hotels
• Mark Fuller, Owner, Concept Venues Ltd
• Henrietta Green, Consultancy Director and Events Specialist, Henrietta Green Associates
• Tim Etchells, Managing Director, The Independent Hotel Show
• Rafi Bejerano, Owner, The Arch London
For each category, six nominees have been shortlisted and voting is now live. The industry is invited to vote for their winner by visiting the website independenthotelshow.co.uk/awards. Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony immediately following the first day of the show on 21st October 2014.
Pictured: Chiltern Firehouse, London