- Show previews
- Media info
British Airways voted top in Skyscanner survey, with low cost Norwegian a close second
- Category: Awards
- Created on Monday, 28 April 2014 14:36
The survey of 4,000 UK airline passengers found the nation’s flag carrier came first for its food and drink offering, the on board experience (including airline cleanliness and comfort) the style category and its customer service - enforcing its ‘To Fly. To Serve’ motto.
However, Norwegian pipped British Airways to the post in the category of 'best value for money'. The low-cost airline also placed in the top three for on board experience, customer service and style.
Nordic airlines also saw success with SAS, the national airline for Sweden, taking second place for its food and drink and third place for style.
Low cost giant easyJet came second in the 'best value for money' category, with British Airways taking third place, while Ryanair failed to make it to the top five.
Skyscanner's Mary Porter commented: “Being a Superbrand and one which Brits are very proud of, it's perhaps not surprising that British Airways has scooped the top spot in our survey, although I imagine the airline will be especially pleased to have ranked so well in the value for money category.
“However it is particularly interesting to see such strong results for a far less well-known airline, with Norwegian taking second place and goes to show that low cost does not necessarily mean an inferior product or service. This will of course be very positive news for those anticipating booking onto its first Transatlantic routes from the UK later this year.”
More awards news
- Chris Moore awarded Public Sector Award for his work at The Clink Charity
- WorldSIM shortlisted for Most Innovative Mobile Virtual Network Operator at MVNO Awards 2015
- Olympia London wins Best Venue Sales Team
- Jumeirah Group President and CEO Gerald Lawless recognised by British Travel and Hospitality Hall of Fame
- Amsterdam RAI wins Best International (non-UK) Venue award for the third time