A new Electronic Visa Application System is now in place for all visitors to Turkey, enabling them to obtain their visas online prior to travelling to the countryTravel to Turkey with its leading low-cost airline, Pegasus Airlines, will become easier and faster with the introduction of a new e-Visa system. In an effort to make travelling to Turkey easier, a new Electronic Visa Application System is now in place for all visitors to Turkey, enabling them to obtain their visas online prior to travelling to the country by simply filling out and submitting the application form on www.evisa.gov.tr.
This move is aimed at cutting the queues at airports and making travelling easier for foreign guests. The rules and regulations are as follows:
- A minimum 6-month-valid passport, flight reservation and a credit/debit card (MasterCard, Visa and other frequently used cards) is required to obtain an e-Visa.
- E-Visas are issued for visitors travelling for tourism or trade purposes only and all other applicants (including students, foreign workers) should apply through Turkish Embassies or Consulates.
- It is advised that the application is made at least one week before departure and the e-Visa will be e-mailed to the applicant within 24 hours after the application is submitted and payment is received.
- Passport control officers at airports are able to verify your e-Visa on the system; however, it is also advisable to bring a printed copy or a soft copy (i.e. on tablet PC or smart phone) of the e-Visa to present to the officers upon their arrival.
- There are 94 countries whose citizens are eligible to apply for an e-Visa, to see the list please visit www.evisa.gov.tr/en/info/who-is-eligible-for-e-visa
- Obtaining visas at airports will no longer be possible after 31 December 2014. Following this date only valid e-Visas will be permitted for entry to Turkey.