Boarding Area E scheduled to re-open this month with modern, sustainable designUnited Airlines and its partners at San Francisco International Airport are preparing to open the newly renovated Boarding Area E in Terminal 3, which will provide United customers ultra-modern, flyer-friendly conveniences that elevate their travel experience.
Scheduled to re-open Jan. 28, the 68,800-square-foot boarding area will reflect the airport’s status as the nation’s premier West Coast aviation hub. Designed to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council, Boarding Area E will offer 10 gates for United customers and will be able to accommodate more than 50 departures each day.
Boarding Area E will offer an up-close view of the airfield and the Bay Area from a 23-foot-high window wall. Customers will enjoy several other amenities, including:
• The “Flight Deck” – an interactive information and entertainment area for guests to enjoy and explore
• Comfortable seating options that include the iconic Fritz Hansen “egg” chairs and swivel lounge chairs
• Dining and concession options from Bay Area vendors, such as Klein’s Deli
• Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Nine state-of-the-art work stations and access to more than 375 power outlets
• A yoga room
• An interactive kids’ play area designed by Bay Area artist Eric Staller
“We’re pleased to work with San Francisco International Airport on the redesign of Boarding Area E, which is focused on our customers and the things they’ve told us are important,” said Kate Gebo, United’s vice president of corporate real estate. “United continues to modernize our terminal facilities, United Club lounges and gate areas, to offer customers a simpler, friendlier airport experience.”