- Show previews
- Media info
VIP departure lounge opens at Sangster International Airport Montego Bay
- Category: Airport & Airline
- Created on Tuesday, 07 June 2011 11:52
VIP departure lounge opens at Sangster International Airport Montego BayWhether you’re travelling to Jamaica for business or pleasure, relaxing and staying stress free at the end of your trip is just as important as the beginning. The recently launched ‘Club Mobay’ passenger lounge presents the solution and is Jamaica’s latest offering to the discerning traveller.
Club Mobay is the result of a partnership between VIP attractions headed by ex- Digicel CEO David Hall. Hall commented on the opening of the facility; “When setting out on this venture, we envisioned a lounge where passengers could experience a last bit of Jamaica before leaving the island. Whether reminiscing via archived Gleaner front pages, learning something new in the culturally themed area or playing in the "Pickney Place". We feel that we have achieved this vision with a truly world class facility at MBJ, which should in turn, attract more elite, high-end travellers to the airport.”
Elizabeth Fox, Regional Director of UK and Northern Europe for the Jamaica Tourist Board also commented on the opening of the lounge; “Once again, Jamaica positions itself as a leader in terms of providing an enhanced, quality experience for its visiting guests by way of this VIP passenger lounge. It will serve and complement the already first class offering that the Jamaica tourism product currently provides visitors.”
While at Club Mobay, passengers will be able to experience and enjoy the likes of:
• Fast-track through check-in• Unlimited free WiFi
• Space to enjoy a premium bar featuring of course, Red Stripe Beer and complimentary snacks
• Business facilities such as high-speed internet access and meeting areas
• Spa treatments
• Shower facilities
• A fully equipped business centre
• A kid’s area
Club Mobay will be offered free of charge to business and first class passengers of partner airlines such as Air Jamaica, Caribbean Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Air Berlin and Condor.
Passengers will also be able to pay for one time access at $30 USD for adults and $15 USD for children 12 and under, while children 2 years and under will be admitted free of cost. Located in the departure terminal between gate 9 and the RedStripe Café, the lounge will be open from 7 AM to 11 PM daily.
More airport/airline news
- South African Airways prepares for move to London Heathrow Terminal 2 on 22nd October
- Turkish Airlines renews telecom deal with SITA
- Heathrow too slow, local the way to go, says bmi regional
- ICE strikes 7 year deal to provide FX Services at LAX Airport
- Japan's ANA announces new in-flight meal collaborations with two Michelin-star chefs