Education steers Americas Meetings Week - AIBTM
- Category: AIBTM Preview
- Created on Thursday, 10 May 2012 10:51
Hear from the experts on new tactics for measuring and communicating the value of meetingsSix more strategic and thought provoking education sessions delivered by supporting associations have been announced as part of Americas Meetings Week at AIBTM, the award winning Meetings and Events Exhibition for the US (www.aibtm.com). Meetings Professionals International (MPI) and the Association for Corporate Travel Executives (ACTE) will help redefine how to make meetings and event marketing programmes measurable as well as a more consistent and responsive meeting experience for all.
Erica Keogan, Reed Travel Exhibitions IBTM Portfolio Education Content Manager commented: “Following on from the launch of the first ever international study on the Business Value of Meetings at AIBTM last year, the industry continues to grapple with the greatest challenge of effectively communicating the value of meetings and events. This year we have secured some top line evidence and speakers to deliver their views and findings”.
MPI will focus on The Practitioner Series: Determine the Business Value of Meetings and Events involving 3 sessions on Tuesday, June 19th all presented by Bill Voegeli (President Significant Research LLC) and John Nawn (Meetings Support Institute)
• The Case for Measurement headlines; “If the industry had been measuring the impact of meetings all along, there never would have been an AIG effect” (Tony Lorenz, founder of bxbonline). This session will present a discussion that will consider ways in which industry leaders can make a business case for measurement and what barriers must be overcome to successfully achieve this.
• Measuring What Matters - Most meeting professionals are not aware of the wide variety of financial and non-financial metrics that can be used to determine value. This interactive discussion on determining objectives and the corresponding metrics and measures that can be utilized for a meeting or event, will show how leading companies are using simple processes and tools to determine the value of their meetings and events.
• Communicating the Value of Your Meeting or Event - One of the greatest challenges in determining the value of meetings and events is properly interpreting the data and effectively communicating results to all stakeholders. This session will support participants in distinguishing value in chosen methods of analysis and outline an effective communication strategy, to support this.
Supporting the same overall theme, ACTE (Association of Corporate Travel Executives) presents 3 education streams that further explore ways of delivering ROI. “ACTE is thrilled to present these sessions at AIBTM 2012,” said ACTE Executive Director Ron DiLeo. “We’ve created topics on leveraging emotional engagement to improve the ROI of meetings, cost-saving tips and insider information from frequent business travellers, and an examination of the hotel RFP process, allowing us to maximize understanding across the Business Travel and Incentives, Meetings and Events industries.”
• Leveraging Emotional Engagement to Improve the ROI of Your Meetings - This workshop will take a fun, interactive game-show approach and examine the role emotions play both in cinema and in our world of meetings and events. The discussions will help attendees identify “positive” emotions generated by an experience and create connections and applications for those emotions to meetings and events.
• Cost-savings: Tips & Insider Information from Road Warriors - A panel of frequent global travellers will share their best tips and other “insider” information including how to get lounge passes and other travel perks for “free”.
• Is It Time to Eliminate the Hotel RFP Process? - If you are ready to disrupt the hotel RFP process and consider unconventional, out-of-the-box solutions, this is a workshop you won't want to miss.
AIBTM’s Education Day (Tuesday June 19th) has been created to provide learning and content that is relevant for both meeting planners and suppliers, taking place before the trade show opens, it means everyone attending has the option to take part. The education continues on Wednesday, June 20th. Over 30 individual sessions will be facilitated over the course of AIBTM.
For more information about ways to attend AIBTM and make the most of all of the education opportunities available as part of AIBTM’s Americas Meetings Week, please visit www.aibtm.com/visiting
To apply for the Hosted Buyer attendance option by filling out the registration form - http://www.reedexpovip.com/profile/web/index.cfm?PKWebId=0x381a09c
Alternatively chose the Flexible Choice Option and attend as a Trade Buyer which will permit you access to all education, business and networking opportunities which will take place over the course of the show - https://www.compusystems.com/servlet/ar?evt_uid=745&campaigncode=CampGE
By registering for AIBTM, you are automatically registered for AIBTM education day. Sessions are on a first-come, first serve basis and you must have your show badge in order to get in.