drpgroup announce £2.6m investment in new Midlands production facility
- Category: Agency & Association
- Created on Friday, 17 August 2012 13:47
With 50 new people joining the group in the past two and a half years, the old facilities have been expanded, updated and invested in constantly to support the dynamic growth of the business. This move comes with the idea of creating a space for further expansion and investment as the business continues to grow. The new facilities will house the group’s administration, creative, event management, technical service, digital media, design and print, and video facilities. The size of the new facilities will allow the group to aim to employ a further 100 people over the next three years.
The drpgroup enjoyed its most successful year in 2011 and Dale Parmenter, managing director asserts that now is the right time to invest. “We are all aware that the country and the marketplace have been hit by the ongoing economic troubles. This isn’t the first recession we have been through and successful businesses are the ones who use this time to invest. Once we reach the end of this tunnel, we are going to need to be prepared to propel our business forward and this new investment will help us do that. It’s exactly what we did after the last recession and it fuelled the growth which has put us in the position we are today.” The new facilities will open in the coming months, transferring all business delivery to the new site.
New Building Fact File
· The building represents £2.6 million worth of investment for the group as part of a £3.6 million investment plan
· The new site covers a massive 4.2 acres
· Built for use in the Second World War to store ammunition · The site is bomb proof with 2m thick floor and reinforced concrete blast walls
· Our new facility will have two fully equipped drive-in studios, a cinema and meeting rooms which will be used as event spaces, catering for up to 300 delegates at one time
· There will be a new strategic, creative and design centre, where specialists in different disciplines will work together in the same space delivering multi channel communication solutions
· A self contained stage set construction workshop will have the capabilities of working in a multitude of materials and finishes
· The technical area will be expanded to house the latest in presentation equipment
· The event management, production and logistics areas will all be in one huge area managing over 800 events a year
· Video and digital media will be integrated into the whole production process supporting the multi channel delivery method, with 3 on-line Avid suites, audio studio and digital design and development bays Sustainability Fact File
· The building will be designed with a full complement of sustainability objectives
· It will be designed using locally sourced materials with a focus on low-emission materials
· The unique roof’s natural light will be harnessed to reduce energy costs
· Local biodiversity in the green areas of the site will be protected
· The building will be designed to minimise water and energy consumption.