Founded by Fay Sharpe in 2015, managing director of Zibrant, the programme runs for a 12 month period, with the 15 mentees having regular access to their mentors helping them to develop and progress receiving one-to-one advice from senior industry figures, working together to achieve both professional and personal goals.
The research was carried out with the inaugural mentees to understand the personal and commercial impact the scheme had on them. Key successes included:
• Mentees felt positive about their careers and future in the events industry.
• Many identified the tools they had learnt on the programme, such as goal-setting, that they would continue to use as they progressed.
• New jobs, promotions and mentees starting up their own businesses.
• Increased confidence, renewed focus and establishing a wider network.
• In addition to the mentees achieving new levels of self-worth and widened outlook on the events sector, the mentors too noted personal achievement in giving back to the industry, and seeing enjoyment and satisfaction in helping others grow and develop.
Commenting on the findings, Fay said: “We’re delighted we introduced the scheme and these results show the positivity the programme had, surpassing our aims and objectives inspiring women within the events industry. The commitment and dedication from the mentors and mentees throughout the year reflected their passion for our industry and the external support we receive continuously reinforces the importance of this programme in our sector. It’s rewarding to give something back to those in an industry I feel passionately about and I wish everyone involved all the best with their careers.”