Selection followed a rigorous application process which included the submission of 1500-word paper and appearance before an interview panel where candidates were required to demonstrate their current contribution and support to the wider industry.
The Master Innholders are pleased to announce that the following hoteliers have been selected to be awarded the title of Master Innholder:
• Gareth Banner, General Manager, St. Pancras Renaissance
• Robert Cook, Chief Operating Officer, Macdonald Hotels
• Graham Copeman, Group Hotels Director, The Zetter Group
• Patrick Dempsey OBE, Former MD, Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants
• Ross Grieve, Managing Director, Seaham Hall
• Michele Mella, General Manager, Barnsley House Hotel
• Daniel Pedreschi, General Manager, Park Plaza Westminster Bridge
• Oliver Raggett, Area General Manager, Apex Hotels London
• Kenneth Speirs, Hotel Director, Lime Wood
• Julian Tomlin, General Manager, Pennyhill Park Hotel
• Michelle Wells, General Manager, Park Plaza County Hall
Jonathan Raggett, chairman of The Master Innholders, said: “I am delighted to welcome these new members to The Master Innholders. Not only do they join an organisation committed to promoting the highest standards in hotel management, but also a friendship and support network of some of the industry’s most talented.”
A prestigious force within the hospitality industry, The Master Innholders, develops managers, influences standards and promotes study, discussion and research. The organisation runs the popular annual General Managers’ Conference in London and the highly-acclaimed Master Innholder Scholarships and Aspiring Leaders Diploma education programmes.
These latest recruits add to the organisation’s circa 140 members, all of whom are, or have been, prominent hoteliers, dedicated and committed to promoting best practice in the hospitality industry.