Nashville Convention & Visitors Corporation and Music City Center partner with PCMA to raise funds for industry educationThe Nashville Convention & Visitors Corporation and Music City Center have partnered with the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) for the eighth annual PCMA Citywide Auction.
The Citywide Auction is designed to raise money to fund high level meetings industry education. The auction annually offers meeting professionals tremendous savings and package inclusions to ensure their convention is truly a unique experience.
“Nashville is ‘hot’ these days and on everyone’s consideration list,” said Deborah Sexton, PCMA President and CEO. “The city of Nashville and the new Music City Center are authentic, accessible, accommodating and affordable - offering so much that you can’t find anywhere else. Their participation in the Citywide Auction demonstrates their sincere commitment to our industry and PCMA, while offering planners their southern hospitality and an incredible deal for their destination.”
The auction officially kicked off during Convening Leaders and will remain open until November 30, 2015 at 5pm CST, unless sold through the "Buy It Now!" option (which will immediately close the auction). The package is available between the years of 2017 and 2022.
The PCMA Citywide Auction package includes:
• 353,000 continuous gross square feet of exhibit and meeting space for up to 10 days
• 100 hours of complimentary registration clerks
• 10% discount on convention center food and beverage
• 10% discount on AV needs
• 25% discount on Internet access for show management and Free Wi-Fi in public space
• Board dinner for up to 30 people
• 10% discount on average prevailing group rate at the Omni
• Assistance in negotiation of any and all talent on behalf of the meeting
• Complimentary song writer show to promote the convention the year the meeting for an audience of 200-250.
• Autographed guitar to utilize as auction item for the organization and/or meeting
Bidding for the 2015 Citywide Auction package from Nashville, minimally valued at $675,000, starts at $85,000 with bid increments of $10,000. If a bidder chooses the “buy now” option, the cost is $135,000 and closes the auction immediately.
“We are pleased to partner with the PCMA on this innovative program,” said Butch Spyridon, President & CEO of the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp. “To be able to support PCMA as they provide high level industry education and to creatively market Nashville is a win/win and a no brainer!”
Charles Starks, President/CEO of the Music City Center said “The Music City Center is honored and excited to have this opportunity to showcase our center while simultaneously supporting our industry. PCMA has been a true champion for the meetings industry and together we will help advance those endeavors in 2015.”
The PCMA Citywide Auction has previously featured packages in Philadelphia, Hawaii, San Diego, Orlando, Washington DC, Chicago and New Orleans, with convention planner members receiving incredible value while giving back to the organization.