The Boodles May Festival, 7th-9th May 2014, saw event and hospitality supplier Horseradish provide nearly 10,000 hospitality covers to guests from sponsors and corporates MBNA, Tesco, Betfair, Stella Artois and IG Group as well as owners , trainers and shareholders.
Head of sales Kate Dawson comments: “We were delighted to welcome so many well known brands utilise hospitality at Chester Races. The May Festival marks the start of the venue’s racing calendar and provides a great backdrop for companies to network and celebrate success. During the three days, we reached some outstanding hospitality milestones. Chester Racecourse is just one of the venues we work with to provide hospitality for large numbers throughout the year and we are proud to be able to maintain excellent levels of customer service. The feedback we have had is extremely positive which is a great reflection on the service our staff provides.”
Some of the milestones reached during the three day event include:
· There are 69,531 pieces of cutlery and 29,799 pieces of glassware laid for hospitality covers
· More than 10,000 bottles of champagne and 25,000 glasses of Pimms were consumed
· More than 12,000 gallons of tea and coffee washed down with 45,000 cakes.
· More than six tonnes of potatoes, 40 tonnes of Haddock, 3,000 Crabs and 20,000 rounds of sandwiches were served
· If you take all the grapes that are used to produce the wine and champagne that is drank at the May meeting and put them in a line they will form 14 lines from Chester to Tatton Park, a venue served by Horseradish Hospitality
· If you take all the sandwiches served and stack them high, it would be the equivalent of seven times the height of Chester Cathedral Tower
· 93% of Horseradish’s food purchases are made within 75 miles of the venue
· 97% of our Horseradish’s workforce live within 10 miles of the venue
Horseradish delivers on and offsite event services to clients including venue management and catering solutions. Events are held through its diverse portfolio of unique and exciting venues including Chester Racecourse, Chester Cathedral, Tatton Park, Chester Town Hall, Bangor-on-Dee Racecourse and Llangollen International Pavilion.