Anna Gorska from Gdansk Convention Bureau elected for the ICCA Central European Chapter Chairperson
- Category: Appointments
- Created on Wednesday, 09 May 2012 11:31
Anna Gorska from Gdansk Convention Bureau elected for the ICCA Central European Chapter ChairpersonAnna Gorska, the CEO of Gdansk Convention Bureau and Gdansk Tourist Organization has been elected for the ICCA Central European Chapter Chairperson for a two years term. The official nomination will be passed on to her during the chapter's annual meeting in August in Dusseldorf.
ICCA - International Congress and Convention Association is one of the most prominent organisations in the world of international meetings.
It is the only association that comprises members representing the main specialists in handling, transporting and accommodating international events. ICCA's network of over 900 suppliers to the international meetings industry spans the globe with members in 87 countries.
Gdańsk Convention Bureau has been ICCA's member since 2007 and from the start Mrs. Gorska eagerly participates in its activities. It resulted in organizing two ICCA meetings last year in Gdansk.
Anna Gorska is first ever Pole in the ICCA Authorities and the first non-German speaking Chairperson of ICCA CEC Chapter where majority of members are from Germany and Austria.
Some of the duties and responsibilities of the new chairperson will be:
• Education of members: both general meetings industry issues and ICCA-specific topics.
• Stimulate business relationships between Chapter members.
• Support ICCA Head Office to identify and recruit potential new members.
Anna Gorska is also the vice president of membership in MPI Poland Club.
More appointment news
- Hotel Métropole Monte-Carlo welcomes Claudia Venturini as Director of Sales & Marketing
- Ampersand appoints Kate Gibson as Sales Manager at ZSL London Zoo
- New hire for corporate events team at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa in the North West
- Dion Bassett new Operations Director at Congrex UK
- Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort appoints Wilkerson and Keyser to strengthen Business Development Team