Newly Appointed Director of Group Sales for Europe to attend show with key Sales and Regional DirectorsPreferred Hotel Group will return to IMEX Frankfurt, 20-22 May 2014, at Stand D690. Along with key international hotel partners, Daniel Reid, Director of Group Sales for Europe, Stephan Brauer, Regional Director for Germany, Switzerland & Austria, and other members of Preferred Hotel Group’s sales team will be on hand to meet with international meetings planners, travel buyers, and media representatives to discuss the company’s continued commitment to member hotels operating in the MICE market segment.
Highlights of Preferred Hotel Group’s MICE offerings include:
- New Leadership for Group Sales in Europe: Preferred Hotel Group recently announced the promotion of Daniel Reid to Director of Group Sales for Europe. In his new role, Reid will manage the company’s relationships with corporate partners, meeting planners, and travel agencies throughout Europe, and provide global sales support for groups and events on behalf of member hotels in the region. Most recently, Reid served as Director of Global Sales for the UK & Ireland, contributing extensively to the success and development of the company’s Global Sales team over a six year period.
- PHGMeetings.com: Preferred Hotel Group’s sophisticated online portal www.PHGMeetings.com provides meeting professionals with a fast and efficient way to search and find the best independent hotels based on their group’s specific needs and requirements. With more than 600 participating member hotels, Preferred Hotel Group can accommodate meetings and events of all sizes, and clients can explore their options via virtual tours of the hotels’ guestrooms, public spaces, and meeting spaces as well as submit RFPs to dozens of hotels simultaneously thanks to the advanced technology offered.
- Group Desk for Europe: The company’s London-based multilingual Group Desk provides European meetings professionals with a concierge level of service and assistance with group bookings. Almost two years after its launch, the Group Desk has doubled in size and continues to enhance Preferred Hotel Group’s European operations and increase MICE revenues.
- Launch of Brand Websites in German Language: Germany is a European hub for corporate meetings and incentive travel and an important feeder market for destinations across the globe, and so, to support the needs of its clients, Preferred Hotel Group launched a German-language version of its brand websites in January 2014. The new portal, www.PreferredHotelGroup.de, is seeing significant increases in visits from week to week.
- iPrefer for Meeting Planners: This recently launched points-based guest loyalty programme enables travellers to book stays at hundreds of independent hotels worldwide and be rewarded with points, status, special benefits, and a flexible redemption process. With more than 500 properties offering iPrefer benefits, the new programme brings more value to corporate meetings and incentives groups who want to enjoy the independent hotel experience rather than being restricted to the chain brands. iPrefer members earn one point for every €1 spent on eligible bookings at participating hotels. Once they have accumulated a qualifying balance of 2,500 points, members can exchange their points for Reward Certificates (starting value of €50) redeemable at all participating properties. Reward Certificates can be used towards payment for any hotel room booking, and some may also elect to allow them as payment for other on-property expenditures. Preferred Hotel Group is also planning the roll out of several iPrefer incentives for meeting planners in the coming months.
Attending IMEX Frankfurt? Visit Preferred Hotel Group at Stand D690 to learn the latest news and meetings opportunities from the company and its member hotels. Daniel Reid and Stephan Brauer will be joined at the booth by the following Preferred Hotel Group executives: · Director, Group Sales, Central Europe - Marion Richter · Director, Group Sales, Iberian Peninsula – Eva Oller · Regional Director, Central & Eastern Europe, Christopher Cox · Manager, Global Sales, Germany, Switzerland & Austria – Stefan Schoewel · Coordinator, Group Sales, Europe – Julia Mastrogiannaki
The following member hotels will also be represented at the Preferred Hotel Group booth:
· Hôtel de Paris - Saint-Tropez, France
· Hotel Miramar Barcelona, Spain
· The K Club – County Kildare, Ireland
· Hotel Princessa Sofia – Barcelona, Spain
· Hotel Wellington – Madrid, Spain
· Les Jardins du Marais – Paris, France
· L'Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe -- Paris France
· NJV Athens Plaza – Athens, Greece
· Parco dei Principi Grand Hotel & Spa – Rome, Italy
· Starhotels collezione - Italy, France & United States
· The Grand del Mar - San Diego, California, United States
· Ukraina Hotel – Moscow, Russia