With a unique proposition – distinctive and comfortable surroundings, bespoke branding opportunities, premium service and some of the best brands in the world – they are destinations where events and shopping experience meet, and the perfect locations in which to host events or incentive programmes. Each can be customised to suit the needs of corporate events of any size.
2015 A RECORD BREAKING YEAR
With more than 100,000 business travellers visiting the Chic Outlet Shopping® Villages each year, 2015 has been a record-breaking year for Value Retail. With more than 1,200 events taking place in Q2 alone, some of this year’s greatest achievements include:
• 130% increase of business tourism events
• 33% upsurge in guests
• 27% increase of group business in Asia
FIVE-STAR BUSINESS TOURISM FACILITIES ACROSS THE CHIC OUTLET SHOPPING® VILLAGES
An expanded business tourism offering in La Roca Village and Las Rozas Village in Spain La Roca Village near Barcelona has recently expanded its services with an award-winning lounge specifically designed to facilitate business tourism events. The La Roca Village Lounge is a state-of-the-art space, with a capacity for 80 guests within a premium setting. The space boasts a LEED Gold certification, awarded by the US Green Building Council, which recognises its sustainable design and energy efficiency.
Las Rozas Village has a spectacular terrace with views across Madrid’s mountains, where companies can organise exclusive events with personalised hospitality services during the summertime. The Village experienced a strong Q3 with a total of 4,724 visitors across three events.
Bicester Village (UK) celebrates the opening of ‘Bicester Village Station’ and its superior ‘Information Hub’ facilities
• Last month, Chiltern Railways unveiled a new train line between Oxford and London; the first rail link to be constructed between a major British city and London in more than 100 years – enabling guests to arrive at Bicester Village, direct from London to Bicester Village Station, in as little as 46 minutes
• Funded by Chiltern Railways – with an investment of £130 million – the new section of rail network creates a seamless commute for business tourism groups, travelling from London and Oxford to Bicester Village
• Business travellers arriving at Bicester Village Station are welcomed at the state-of-the-art facility, which leads to the Bicester Village Information Hub that offers superior facilities
• Services available at the Information Hub include Luggage Drop and Hands-free Shopping – a shopping collection service that arranges guests’ shopping to be ready to collect at their point of departure
Village expansions and elevated MICE offerings in Ireland and China
• Kildare Village – near Dublin, celebrates the completion of its €50 million expansion, which includes enhanced hospitality and business tourism facilities. These include a new VIP Lounge, 33 additional boutiques, increased food and beverage offerings and a greater variety of Irish and international brands for groups to enjoy
• Suzhou Village – in the distinctly MICE-friendly city of Suzhou, where 50% of its tourists in 2013 were Business Tourism visitors, Suzhou Village continues to grow as a leading shopping tourism destination, with a distinctive combination of Chinese, Asian and international brands including Kate Spade, Maje, Furla, CH Carolina Herrera and Brooks Brothers. Shanghai Village, the second Village in China, will open in spring 2016 adjacent to the Shanghai Disney Resort.
WHERE EVENTS AND SHOPPING EXPERIENCES MEET
Each Chic Outlet Shopping® Village has a specialist in-house Groups & Events (Business Tourism) team dedicated to creating tailor-made programmes for groups of between 10 and 7,000 attendees. Every event is a unique, memorable experience, designed with the organisation and their guests at the heart, whether they are local, from Europe, the Middle East or the Far East.
Chic Outlet Shopping® is also a proud Group Member of SITE, with 21 company representatives actively supporting SITE Chapters throughout Europe, and an Affiliate Member of the UNWTO, where Value Retail took part in the launch of its first Shopping Tourism Network, at the UNWTO General Assembly (Sept 2015)