Royal Caribbean International announces nine ships in Europe for Summer 2013
- Category: Cruise
- Created on Friday, 18 May 2012 09:34
Royal Caribbean International announces nine ships in Europe for Summer 2013Summer 2013 will see Royal Caribbean International deploy nine ships in Europe, including three ships based from UK ports. With more than 40% of British passengers choosing to begin their cruise from a UK port according to research from the Passenger Shipping Association, Royal Caribbean International is increasing its capacity for summer 2013 in line with this trend and providing even more opportunities for agents to sell.
In addition to Independence of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas and Brilliance of the Seas sailing from UK ports, Barcelona-based Liberty of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas, and Italy-based Navigator of the Seas and Splendour of the Sea, today Royal Caribbean completed its 2013 European deployment with the addition of Legend of the Seas sailing from Venice and Rome and Vision of the Seas homeporting in Copenhagen and Stockholm. In total Royal Caribbean International will offer 276 sailings to 88 culture-rich ports on 58 exciting European itineraries for 2013.
By summer 2013 seven of the nine Europe-based ships will have completed a multi-million dollar re-fit and re-design ensuring that the summer cruises on offer will be on the industry’s newest and most innovative fleet.
Jo Rzymowska, associate vice president and general manager, UK and Ireland, Royal Caribbean International, commented: “2013 is a landmark in the history of Royal Caribbean International with three ships dedicated to the UK market during the summer. We’ve listened to agents and are offering some fabulous sailings featuring more popular destinations such as the Baltics and the Norwegian fjords, and old favourites like the Canary Islands and Mediterranean all sailing from UK ports. What’s even more exciting for agents is that most of the ships sailing in Europe will have undergone extensive enhancements taken from our most innovative and popular Oasis-class ships. So now all our ships are our best ships!”
To mark the launch of the 2013 summer sailings, Royal Caribbean International will also be supplying agents with a NEW dedicated preview brochure which will be distributed to trade partners to rack in store.
Royal Caribbean International’s summer 2013 Europe portfolio highlights:
• Independence of the Seas will offer a series of new itineraries including more taster cruises with an increase in two- and three night cruises. Independence of the Seas will also offer eight night cruises to Norway, 14-night Norway and Cork cruises, various 14-night Mediterranean cruises, and 12 night Canary Islands cruises.
• Adventure of the Seas will offer a series of seven, 12, 13, 14 and 16-night cruises to Norway, France & Spain, Baltics and the Mediterranean.
• Brilliance of the Seas will sail to Northern Europe and the Baltic Sea on 11 and 12-night cruises.
• Legend of the Seas - from May until August, the ship will sail seven-night Western Mediterranean itineraries, calling at Genoa, Italy; Provence (Marseilles), France; and Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, and Valencia, Spain. A nine-night circumnavigation of the Italian peninsula, departing 31 August will bring Legend of the Seas to Venice, where the ship will offer holidaymakers a pair 10-night Greek Isles and 11-night Greece and Turkey itineraries in September and October.
• Vision of the Seas will alternate seven-night Norwegian Fjords and Scandinavia & Russia itineraries from Copenhagen, Denmark in May and August. The ship also will offer seven-night Scandinavia and Russia sailings from Stockholm in July. Two Ultimate Scandinavia and Russia itineraries each feature two overnights in St. Petersburg, one sailing on 19 June 2013 from Copenhagen on an 11-night itinerary that concludes with an overnight at Stockholm, and the second on 28 July 2013 from Stockholm on a 10-night itinerary that concludes with an overnight at Copenhagen. Additionally, holidaymakers can select a 10-night British Isles cruise departing Copenhagen on 7 August 2013, or an 11-night sailing on 8 June 2013 that sails up the Norwegian Coast and beyond Latitude 66 North into the Arctic Circle.
• Navigator of the Seas - will offer seven-night Eastern Mediterranean and Greek Isles cruises.
• Serenade of the Seas - will offer a selection of 12-night Mediterranean Greek Isles and Mediterranean Venice itineraries.
• Splendour of the Seas - will offer a selection seven-night Adriatic and Greek Isles sailings.
• Liberty of the Seas - will offer a selection of five- and seven-night Western Mediterranean cruises from Barcelona.