UNICEF Ambassador Maxim Vengerov to participate in MSC Divina christening
- Category: Cruise
- Created on Monday, 14 May 2012 15:45
UNICEF Ambassador Maxim Vengerov to participate in MSC Divina christeningMSC Cruises and UNICEF have forged a strong partnership over the years and in recognition of this relationship, key representatives and guests of the charity will be involved in the christening ceremony of MSC Divina, which will take place in Marseille on 26th May 2012.
Critically acclaimed classical performer and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador Maxim Vengerov will join MSC Cruises’ CEO Pierfrancesco Vago and MSC fleet godmother Sophia Loren for a question and answer session with international media that will follow a press conference.
Joining an impressive line-up of international stars on stage for the evening’s main events, Vengerov will then deliver a speech before releasing hundreds of UNICEF balloons with the help of local children.
It is hoped that Vengerov, regarded as one of the world’s greatest violinists, will also perform.
The high-profile christening ceremony is the perfect platform to highlight the organisations’ joint Get on Board for Children’ initiative. This in turn funds the UNICEF-supported ‘Platform of Urban Centres’ project that aims to combat poverty and inequality in 94 favelas across Brazil by improving education opportunities for children.
Since 2009, guests on board each ship in the MSC Cruises’ fleet have raised over one million euros for the scheme.
More cruise news
- EUROPA 2 formally christened at the 2013 Hamburg Port Anniversary
- Celebrity Cruises unveils innovative alliance with ultimate entertainment brand Xbox
- Azamara Club Cruises marks launch of AzAmazing Evenings with record-breaking booking month
- Ports of Southampton and Harwich welcome back Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises' ships for 2013 summer season
- Royal Caribbean International's Enchantment of the Seas begins year-round service from Port Canaveral, Florida