Trade reap benefits of cruise offers campaign
- Category: Cruise
- Created on Friday, 11 May 2012 10:05
Trade reap benefits of cruise offers campaignRCL Cruises Ltd has seen sales leap in the early part of May as travel agents get behind its recently launched ‘Ultimate Sale’ and ‘Double Summer Savings’ marketing campaigns.
Combined bookings for its Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises brands were an impressive 25 per cent in the first week of this month, compared to the same period in 2011, as the trade made the most of the thousands of bargains on offer for this summer.
Jo Rzymowska, associate vice president and general manager, UK and Ireland, Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises, commented:
“Feedback from our agent partners has really been amazing – agents are telling us the great value offers have been incredibly well received by consumers, who are still a little cautious about the economy and looking for a strong incentive to finalise their buying decision.
“As always, agents are doing a fantastic job at explaining the great experiences we have on board with both brands. We believe the success of the campaign is mainly down to experienced cruisers who can appreciate the true value the offers and upgrades represent. Like other operators, we have also seen the poor recent weather prompt people to get out and look for a holiday.”
Royal Caribbean International’s ‘Ultimate Sale’ is an extension of the current Don’t Wait campaign and will continue to offer regional departures throughout the summer period. The Celebrity Cruises’ ‘Double Summer Savings’ deal includes accommodation upgrades, price reductions and free flights on selected sailings.
More cruise news
- EUROPA 2 formally christened at the 2013 Hamburg Port Anniversary
- Celebrity Cruises unveils innovative alliance with ultimate entertainment brand Xbox
- Azamara Club Cruises marks launch of AzAmazing Evenings with record-breaking booking month
- Ports of Southampton and Harwich welcome back Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises' ships for 2013 summer season
- Royal Caribbean International's Enchantment of the Seas begins year-round service from Port Canaveral, Florida