Yorkshire tourism team’s grand designs
- Category: Awards
- Created on Wednesday, 09 May 2012 10:18
Yorkshire tourism team’s grand designsWelcome to Yorkshire scooped one of the biggest design awards in the country at The Roses Creativity Awards in Manchester.
The Welcome to Yorkshire marketing team won the design strategy award with their unique Y logo, which can be seen in a different guise on all their campaigns.
Since their launch in 2009, Welcome to Yorkshire has continued to develop their Y logo which is a major part of their branding. The flexibility around the Y design has been used by the team to adapt the Y to deliver a different identity for each of their campaigns whilst still being recognisably Yorkshire.
Gary Verity, chief executive of Welcome to Yorkshire said: “It’s great that the team have won yet another award. It is testament to them that they can produce something which is recognised on such a large scale and in so many different ways.
“The fact that the Y logo is so recognisable is also great for boosting the profile of Yorkshire.”
The Welcome to Yorkshire team were up against the West of England Design Forum for the design strategy award.
The Roses Creativity Awards are organised by The Drum and are recognised by many as the pinnacle of excellence in the creative industries.
Welcome to Yorkshire won the World Travel Award for the world’s leading marketing campaign in 2010 and 2011.
Pictured: Will Hodgson and Vikki Harris with their gold award for best design strategy
More awards news
- Two Colombian beaches nominated in World Travel Awards Best Beaches category
- office* shortlisted for Best UK Trade Show Award
- Raffles Hotel, Singapore honoured as 'Best Hotel in Asia' for a 6th year
- Swinton Park strikes Gold at the 2013 VisitEngland Awards for Excellence Ceremony
- Burj Al Arab voted the Best Hotel in the World and the Best Hotel in the Middle East by Daily Telegraph’s Ultratravel readers