PCMA to honour top young professionals at Convening Leaders in Austin, TX January 8-11, 2017The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) has selected the 2017 class for their 20 in their twenties program.
Amongst the twenty brightest talents in the industry, there is one British nominee on the list, Johnny Martinez from Shocklogic software in London. Shocklogic provides event management software to the industry and Jonny is their Head of Marketing and Business development.
A family business, Jonny’s father, CEO John Martinez, founded the business in 1997. It now works with a global roster of clients to support their technological needs.
The 20 in their Twenties program, supported by the PCMA Education Foundation, is designed to engage the best and brightest young professionals in the meetings industry by recognizing emerging leaders – and their talents – which help accelerate the industry and carry it into the future.
20 in their Twenties Class of 2017
• Johnny Martinez, ShockLogic, London, UK
• Derek Anderson, Washington State Association of Counties, Olympia, WA
• Vanessa E. Bass, CMP, HMCC, New York, NY
• Alexandra Deering, Intuitive Surgical, Sunnyvale, CA
• Matthew B. Fox, Meeting Management Services, Inc., Washington, DC
• Christine Frye, CTA, National Trade Productions, Alexandria, VA
• Tessa Kalfell, Visit Seattle, Seattle, WA
• Eric Kincaid, Destination DC, Washington, DC
• Holly Lammert, Explore St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
• Amanda Marochko, DES, TQ, Amsterdam, Netherlands
• Megan Martin, CMP, National Conference of State Legislatures, Denver, CO
• Kaitlyn Palatucci, American Frozen Food Institute, Arlington, VA
• Allison Perrelli, CMP, Conference & Logistics Consultants, Annapolis, MD
• Morgan Prewitt, CMP, McCormick Place, Chicago, IL
• Katherine Sinnen, CMP, American Orthopaedic Association, Rosemont, IL
• Nichole Steele, Experience Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids, MI
• Naida S. Struyk, CMP, National Contract Manager Association, Ashburn, VA
• Wei Nei Tan, Sarawak Convention Bureau, Sarawak, Malaysia
• Lindsey Walker, Visit Anaheim, Anaheim, CA
• Andrias White, MBA, CMP, CSEP, Events DC, Washington DC
“This is our fourth class and with each one, we are struck by the passion and insights these individuals bring to the business events community. It is our honour to recognize excellence in these bright and innovative leaders,” said Deborah Sexton, PCMA President and CEO.
Criteria for applicants was to be employed full time in the meetings industry, be 29 years old or younger at the time of recognition and to demonstrate ways they consider themselves to be industry leaders. Applicants were not required to be PCMA members. A Committee made up of 20 in their twenties alumni and veteran meeting professionals reviewed more than 60 applications in detail before deciding on the class.
The individuals selected will receive complimentary registration to attend Convening Leaders and the Education Conference in 2017 as well as a year of PCMA membership. In addition, the award includes funds to cover travel expenses for Convening Leaders, membership and registration discounts for the next two years. They will also have the opportunity to be paired with an industry leader for three face to face or virtual mentoring sessions to assist in further development of their innovation and career.