Airport & Airline
airberlin increases capacity utilization in March
- Category: Airport & Airline
- Created on Thursday, 05 April 2012 09:23
airberlin increases capacity utilization in MarchIn March 2012, airberlin, Germany's second-largest airline company, again increased capacity utilization in the context of its "Shape & Size" efficiency-increasing program. In monthly comparison, capacity utilization increased by 4.4 % age points to 78.1 %.
In March 2011, airberlin had recorded a capacity utilization rate of
73.7 %. Although airberlin reduced capacity by 6.7 % in a targeted
manner, the number of passengers decreased by only 1.1 %, namely from 2,594,556 passengers in March 2011 to 2,565,164 passengers in March 2012.
From January to March, airberlin transported a total of 6,510,978 passengers. In the corresponding period of the previous year, airberlin welcomed 6,871,801 passengers on board (-5.3 %). Over the first three months of the year, airberlin reduced capacity by 10 %. Over the same period, airberlin was able to increase its capacity utilization rate from 72.5 % to 76.3 % (+3.8 % age points).
More airport/airline news
- Finnair continues flights to Tel Aviv on winter season, five weekly flights to Dubai
- Pegasus launches flights to Qatar’s Capital, Doha
- EVA AIR joins the Star Alliance Network
- bmi regional unveiled as official airline of Murphy Prototypes Team at Le Mans
- Oman Air and Travelport announce new seat assignment booking functionality to benefit travel agents