Airport & Airline
bmi is first British airline to enable flights to be booked via their mobile site
- Category: Airport & Airline
- Created on Monday, 18 April 2011 10:41
bmi is first British airline to enable flights to be booked via their mobile sitebmi, British Midland International has launched a new, easy-to-use mobile site enabling customers to book and pay for flights using their smartphones – becoming the first British airline to do so.
The options now available include:
- search and book flights - lowest fares by region
- manage my booking
- check-in - flight status and timetable information
- airport information - Frequently Asked Questions
- Diamond Club members can access their account to view their miles balance
Joerg Hennemann, chief commercial officer, bmi, commented: 'Over the last year, we’ve seen a dramatic increase in the number of bmi customers accessing flight information from their smartphones. Our new mobile site will enable customers to do so much more than before, making it even easier to book flights, check in, find information and manage bookings with bmi while on the move.
'The importance of smart phones and being able to do business on the move is now an essential requirement for UK businesses and customers. In recent years bmi became the first British airline to launch mobile boarding passes for its customers and I am immensely proud that we are also leading the way in airline mobile site functionality.'