Each week, the leading door-to-door luggage delivery company delivers hundreds of holidaymakers' bags to destinations around the world. Sports personalities, celebrities and VIPs are also among those who rely on their services, and Joan Collins is a loyal brand ambassador.
Celebrating its 10th year in business, First Luggage is now lifting the suitcase lid on some of its more unusual assignments. CEO and Founder of the company Gideon Kasfiner said: "We've encountered some challenging and unusual requests in our ten years of operation but our team are very professional and treat every request with the utmost discretion; whether it's a golfer or skier sending their kit on holiday or a high-profile celebrity making rather more exacting demands."
TOP TEN MOST UNUSUAL DELIVERIES FROM FIRST LUGGAGE
1. Supplies to Mount Everest - in spring 2013, First Luggage was called upon to deliver equipment for a British expedition to Everest in Kathmandu. The High Adventure Expeditions group comprised of two English trekkers heading to Everest base camp and two British climbers aiming for the summit
2. Soaking Suitcases - following extensive UK floods in early 2014, two Surrey newlyweds were left without their honeymoon suitcase as they were rescued by boat before rushing to the airport. Local police retrieved the case as it floated past their station and contacted First Luggage, who, with permission from the couple, dried out the contents, including a wedding dress and other keepsakes, then delivered it to them on their honeymoon
3. Footy gifts for the White House - following the World Cup 2014, First Luggage arranged for the shipment of four Premiership Club football shirts to be sent as a gift to President Obama at the White House in Washington
4. A large collection of sex toys - these were shipped from US to southern France and included a 60cm dildo
5. A showerproof prosthetic leg - sent from UK to Canada
6. Circus Big Top - one of the largest items ever shipped by First Luggage was a circus big top from UK to Angola
7. Valuable Build - worth £100,000 each, a shipment of two marble pillars for a house in Saudi Arabia came in as one of First Luggage's most valuable deliveries
8. MasterChef's Aid - First Luggage came to the rescue when the BBC team needed their camera equipment sending to one of the remotest parts of Tuscany in Italy, to film a recent series of the show
9. Celebrity Bow Tie - one unfortunate Hollywood actor attending a gala in New York, left his favourite custom-made bow tie in London but was rescued by First Luggage who delivered the garment to the Big Apple in less than 24 hours
10. Sauce for the Christmas Turkey - no festive feast is complete without Cranberry Sauce, at least, that's what one family thought when prepping their turkey while on holiday in the Caribbean. Realising they'd forgotten the main accompaniment (not available on the island) First Luggage purchased and shipped a jar which arrived just in time for dinner